cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL702VS Black screen help please!!!!

no2sc2
Level 7
Ok I got a ROG GL702VS and yesterday I was stupid and erased a secure boot “authorized signature” key and now it went blank after rebooting. No Asus logo no nothing, as if the screen itself power is off but i can tell it’s powered on but very hey faint black fuzzy thing moving but everything is working. The LED light is working but I noticed it’s not working as if it was turned on. I have my fan at full max and usually as soon as I power it on, the fans turns on blasting but this is like if it’s stuck on sleep mode. I don’t think that’s the case since it happened as soon as I deleted the signature secure boot key in BIOS. I plugged in my keyboard and phone and usb works, led are blinking showing its working, it’s just the screen is blank. No windows logo no Asus rog logo, no nothing just as if screen power is off. I’ve tried everything from holding ESC and shift to get into BIOS but nothing shows. I’ve tried booting without the SSD and still no BIOS. Usually you can still boot into bios so I figure it’s the secure boot key I erased. Reason why I erased it cause I thought it was the same thing as disabling the “security enforced authorized signature key” since I have to do that everything I boot up and it got annoying. How can I restore the factory secure boot keys? I can’t see anything! *I thought it was display power but I’ve tried connecting via HDMI and nothing. So it’s the secure boot. *Please help me!!!!

I have a ASUS rog gl702vs with win10 home. Oh yeah, I have a program that I need to have the security enforcement signature key disabled to able to use that’s why I have it disabled and it required me to do it everything I started my laptop. *
2 REPLIES 2

Darnassus
Status Under Review
.. I'd return it to the shop and get a new one, say "it was DoA" then just walk away.. lol

Gps3dx
Level 12
even if you disable secure boot -> saved settings -> reboot .... you should be able to at min to access the UEFI(bios) screens by pressing ESC/F2 after powering up your laptop.
if that doesn't happen - some other **** might happened and you should RMA as suggested.
as advised above - you should only detail what you experience in the present - not past, since it doesn't really matter ( e.i "I press the "power" button of my laptop, then nothing works" even though i'm on AC" )
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]