cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith Extreme - Where did the avx offset setting go?

JulesC
Level 7
Hi
I recently updated to the latest 1003 and now can't find the "AVX offset" setting. Much of my workload is AVX and the CPU is not hitting 100% in windows like it did before when I had "AVX offset" set to 0%.

I don't know if it is because I am using DIP5 auto OC and before I had it clocked manually or if it is just missing in the new bios?

Any Ideas?
10 REPLIES 10

Raja
Level 13
AVX offset is a (patented) Intel feature. Never heard of that being supported on an AMD platform.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah, AVX wimp-out is an Intel thing...it's not a question of support, so much as one of courage/instructional fortitude

Raja
Level 13
Given the power requirements of full-bore AVX, having an offset is a smart concept for overclocking. Support for the offset is required within the processor.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Raja
Level 13
The mechanism for that requires something to be funny. 🙂

JulesC
Level 7
thanks for your replies:)..... I still don't know where the setting went, it was in bios version 903.

Its a mild all core oc - 3.85 @ 1.280 Vcore. temp stays around 60c, so having less of an avx offset is will be better than increasing the oc as it runs at 60-100% usage 80% of my day.

Raja
Level 13
Sounds like you're confusing a different setting for AVX offset.

JulesC
Level 7
Not sure why i thought it was there, thanks for clearing it up:rolleyes:

This motherboard is my first Asus and AMD product, it's also my first "desktop" class workstation. The UEFI is a little different from the duel Xeon's on my old ibm.

On another topic, which pci-e lanes go to which die?
Is there a PCI-e assignment diagram or layout somewhere for the Zenith Extreem?