cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is intel m.2 600P series are compatible with G752VL laptop?

aldwin1212
Level 7
Hi Guys, I'm wondering I can use this type of SSD for my G752VL laptop, its 128GB m.2 nvme. I heard that samsung pro 950 are the ones working but I just want to know if this one works too because someone here in our area is selling it cheap. THanks!

Product details:

https://ark.intel.com/products/94917/Intel-SSD-600p-Series-128GB-M_2-80mm-PCIe-3_0-x4-3D1-TLC.
5 REPLIES 5

Gps3dx
Level 12
looking on the spec of the ssd - which supports PCIe gen 3 x4 + NVME + m.2 (2280) -> I think that yes, it should work.
be warn that intel got new SSD tech named "Optane" - which is fast & super expensive nowadays - and AFAIK is NOT compatible with any of ROG laptops to date.

nontheless, I know from dealing with RAM sticks that even if you put a compatible stick & on paper is supports the SAME configuration as your previous working RAM sticks - there is still a possibility that it will NOT work !

thus, it's better if you can try it before buying it - or get a promise for refund if item isn't compatible in retrospect.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
aldwin1212 wrote:
Hi Guys, I'm wondering I can use this type of SSD for my G752VL laptop, its 128GB m.2 nvme. I heard that samsung pro 950 are the ones working but I just want to know if this one works too because someone here in our area is selling it cheap. THanks!

Hi,

Apologize that I haven't checked into this much on my end and know much more about it, but as Gps3dx mentioned, it's a good idea to have some options in case you run into any problems.

Anyway, you may also want to check post #7 by Clintlgm at the thread below about some Intel M.2 SSD issues which again, haven't heard or checked definitively on my end if you want to look into it more.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?102209-Question-about-upcoming-Asus-ROG-G703-GI-XS98K

https://communities.intel.com/thread/125196

Thanks.

aldwin1212
Level 7
aldwin1212 wrote:

Product details:

https://ark.intel.com/products/94917/Intel-SSD-600p-Series-128GB-M_2-80mm-PCIe-3_0-x4-3D1-TLC.

Guys I tried the m.2 ssd and it doesnt show up in the bios. But when I check it in intel rapid storage I can see it from there. Is there anything that I can do to activate this one? Thanks.

aldwin1212 wrote:
Guys I tried the m.2 ssd and it doesnt show up in the bios. But when I check it in intel rapid storage I can see it from there. Is there anything that I can do to activate this one? Thanks.

there's a change you won't see it from UEFI(BIOS) and only at OS level.

there are few guides/threads about NVME and m.2 SSDs for the G752 in this sub-forum - search for them.
they expain how to load drivers when booting windows installation disk and after that when you boot into the OS.
maybe the built-in NVME drivers of windows 10 is not good for that drive and you need to get intel's special drivers.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

aldwin1212
Level 7
Guys just an update! I tried to clone the exisitng sata hdd of my laptop using my desktop and hola! It works!! Intel 600p m.2 nvme ssd 128gb! After I cloned it it now shows up in the boot menu! Thanks for the help guys!!