cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura Sync stops working on sleep

TTab88
Level 7
Whenever my PC wakes up from sleep, Aura is no longer working. I have it set to the color cycle mode and it stops working on sleep. I would have to restart the software for it to start working again. This is a new issue ever since updating Aura, AI Suite, and the BIOS. Very disappointed because I went all ASUS parts partically to take advantage of the Aura software.
19 REPLIES 19

TTab88
Level 7
I was able to fix this buy uninstalling and then installing the oldest version I could find (10429).

I've had a lot of problems recently with ASUS and their hardware and software. They lost a customer. I went all ASUS with this build, but next time I won't. Really regret buying these junk products.

EdNovak
Level 7
I've been patiently waiting for some sort of fix/enhancement to AURA for some time since this problem has been with me since my initial system build in February 2018. It's a nuisance since I set my system to sleep automatically every night after doing backups and upon waking it AURA always defaults to an in-motion multi-color pattern which I hate and which I cannot alter without resorting to a system restart which in turn stops my VMs. Very annoying but at least it doesn't do anything destructive.. Hopefully, the next major AURA enhancement will fix this and also allow setting the default pattern to something other the a pattern Willie Wonka would love..

klepp0906x2
Level 7
add me to this list. Trying to dig up a fix now. Supposed to turn off during sleep, but instead looks like a light show in here 😛

I have registered just to say that I'm experiencing the same thing and it's very disappointing...

I've found a partial solution that works for me and avoids having to do a restart to reactivate Aura. On the top right corner of the Aura window are two small icons. One of them looks like a circle (neither is labeled) and is apparently some sort of "reset" for Aura. I click on it and Aura reactivates. Unfortunately, it reverts to its default settings. For me this isn't much of an issue. I use a solid color (blue) and this approach causes Aura to default to Red for the Static option so I select Static, reset the color to blue and when I hit Apply, everything is back to normal. For some of you this may be more trouble than doing a restart but for me avoiding the restart is preferable since restart kills the VMs I often have running in the background.

EdNovak wrote:
I've found a partial solution that works for me and avoids having to do a restart to reactivate Aura. On the top right corner of the Aura window are two small icons.

In my case it doesn't start at all after sleep/hibernation.

EdNovak wrote:
I've found a partial solution that works for me and avoids having to do a restart to reactivate Aura. On the top right corner of the Aura window are two small icons. One of them looks like a circle (neither is labeled) and is apparently some sort of "reset" for Aura. I click on it and Aura reactivates. Unfortunately, it reverts to its default settings. For me this isn't much of an issue. I use a solid color (blue) and this approach causes Aura to default to Red for the Static option so I select Static, reset the color to blue and when I hit Apply, everything is back to normal. For some of you this may be more trouble than doing a restart but for me avoiding the restart is preferable since restart kills the VMs I often have running in the background.

good tip. Ill use it for the same reason. having to full restart is such a nightmare for the work i do on my pc. Wasnt a problem relateively recently so im unsure what changed or broke it but yea its toast once you go to/recover from sleep. I tried ending the tasks and re opening it, restarting the services. No avail.

The only fix (until i read your post) was sucking it up and restarting.

With 2 kids my pc gets an opportunity to sleep often enough that its becoming darned inconvenient. I spent a fortune on a maximus x formula, got rid of my nvidia hb bridge and spent another small fortune on an asus hb bridge JUST for the lights to match, and problems ><

Im usualy a gigabyte user but its my understanding this "aura" stuff has been around quite awhile. Shame.

Course to be fair nvsurround and SLI has been around ages and thats always a ****show:P

This issue still is not fixed, is it? I usually only hibernate my PC, and very often after waking it up, mouse and keyboard are out of sync with the other items and cannot be changed back to their actual pattern until I reboot the PC. Very annoying... Latest version is installed.

Abaidor
Level 9
I use Static Colors on Rampage VI Extreme & G.Skill Trident Z RGB and after waking up most of the time the RAM goes bonkers.......BIOS 1503 latest Aura....

REAAAAAAAAAAALY annoying that Aura never works properly.
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |