ROG Member Array

RT AC88U Traffic Monitor inconsistency

SITUATION:
    A backup is running, moving lots of data from my laptop to the cloud. Laptop is wireless 5GHz to the router.

INCONSISTENCY:
    Traffic monitor WAN shows this data on the way out.
    Traffic monitor Wireless 5GHz shows almost no activity.

QUESTION:
    I think I remember some setting somewhere that included a comment that enabling the setting should improve performance because it bypasses some processing but the disadvantage is that some statistics are measured by the bypassed processing. I can't track that down but would like to fiddle with it. Can anyone point it out to me?

Thanks.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

The ASUS support team will be a better option for any further questions you may have. To contact support for ASUS networking products, please call 1-812-282-2787 (US - toll free)). Or email the ASUS support team at: networking_support@asus.com

Numbers for other regions: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#

To help provide ROG forum members a better place to discuss and find answers easier, this section was created specifically for ROG routers.

Thank you.
    Last edited by MasterC@ASUS; 06-15-2018 at 03:42 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    To help provide ROG forum members a better place to discuss and find answers easier, this section was created specifically for ROG routers.
    So, is the RT-AC88U a "ROG router" or not?

Quote Originally Posted by bertilak View Post
    So, is the RT-AC88U a "ROG router" or not?
    Hello

No it isn't.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    Hello

No it isn't.
    Well this is frustrating. What defines an ASUS router as a being a ROG router? If I go to Amazon and search for "ROG Router" Amazon shows me the very same RT-AC88U I bought from them. The box it came in says "built in gaming accelerator" and "best for gaming." It even has the pseudo-futuristic Bat-Mobile style intended to attract the gamer community.

This very ROG website even has an article (https://rog.asus.com/articles/produc...nces-rt-ac88u/) about the RT-AC88U.

Is there no ASUS-sponsored user forum for non-ROG ASUS routers? I'm guessing no, but asking just to be sure.

ROG Member Array

I have to agree with bertilak here. From what I can see there is only one "ROG" router listed on the asus website:
    https://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/W...ters-Products/

So is this a forum dedicated to a single router? If so you might as well rename it to the router itself to stop confusion. But given the community that appears to be present here, wouldn't it be better to just make this across the board "Asus Router" forum OR launch another forum under networking for the rest of the routers?

ROG Member Array Natey2 PC Specs
    Natey2 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus Desktop PC
    MotherboardAsus
    ProcessorCore i7 4770
    Memory (part number)16GB
    Graphics Card #1GeForce GT620
    Sound CardRealtek
    MonitorAsus
    Storage #1Intel SSD
    Storage #2WDC
    CPU CoolerJust the usual heatsink + fan
    CaseAsus
    Power Supply350W
    Keyboard Asus
    Mouse Asus
    Mouse Pad None
    OS Windows 10 Pro with Hyper-V VM
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC88U
    Accessory #1 Realtek PCIe GBE

Quote Originally Posted by bertilak View Post
    I think I remember some setting somewhere that included a comment that enabling the setting should improve performance because it bypasses some processing but the disadvantage is that some statistics are measured by the bypassed processing. I can't track that down but would like to fiddle with it. Can anyone point it out to me?
    IIRC, the NAT Acceleration setting can affect the reporting in the Traffic Analyzer because when it is enabled wired traffic bypasses the RT-AC88U CPU.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk