cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT-AC86U Wifi changes do not apply

Retired
Not applicable
Got a problem with my RT-AC86U.

Done many factory reset and initialze and config by scratch.

If I change any Wifi-setting and press apply they don't get active and changed at all.
Only after a reboot channel, bandwith, SSID or others will be really changed.
Or by deactivate and reactivate 2.4G or 5G Wifi. SSH service restart_wireless will get them changed as well.

But it has to be done without any additional commands and actions.

Tried all firmwares from first 382 up to latest 384.21045, same with all. While my old RT-AC68U (not 86U) will work like supposed to.
5 REPLIES 5

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
The ASUS support team will be a better option for any further questions you may have. To contact support for ASUS networking products, please call 1-812-282-2787 (US - toll free)). Or email the ASUS support team at: networking_support@asus.com

Numbers for other regions: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#

To help provide ROG forum members a better place to discuss and find answers easier, this section was created specifically for ROG routers.

Thank you.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
The ASUS support team will be a better option for any further questions you may have. To contact support for ASUS networking products, please call 1-812-282-2787 (US - toll free)). Or email the ASUS support team at: networking_support@asus.com

To help provide ROG forum members a better place to discuss and find answers easier, this section was created specifically for ROG routers.

Thank you.

And where are we to ask questions if we are no longer covered by a warranty without paying a charge? The vip.asus.com/forum site has been shutdown. We should at least be able to ask questions for products that are still in production like the RT-AC86U that does not have the ROG badge stamped on it. You are not helping me feel good about my purchase which means I will look else where for a new router in the future unless this over site is corrected.

--bill

MasterC@ASUS wrote:

Thank you.

No offence, if we need to refer to our question or problems pertaining to asus which may affect most user need
not able to explain in this forums.....what the need to set up this forums, might as well closed it. If so, meaning that no one in Asus Technical support present here.

Retired
Not applicable
Asus refers us users from vip.asus.com/forum to use ROG-forum instaed as they recently closed it.

So where else to ask other users about their observations than here?

This you can read on vip.asus.com/forum:

The VIP Forum is closed. For product support or ASUS community, Please visit
Global Support
ROG Forum
Zentalk Forum

SolidSnakeFUZ
Level 7
Precisava de Ajuda

Comprei recentemente um Roteador Asus RT-AC86U e liguei ele ao modem/Router da Claro em modo bridge onde desliguei o wireless e o DHCP para não ter conflitos com o ASUS. Acontece que tenho reparado que as vezes por 5 a 10 segundo não consigo aceder a net, e verifico na pagina do roteador da asus no network map aparece disconect nesse momento e depois volta ao normal ou seja acontece uma queda que passados 10 segundos ele recupera. Em nenhum momento chega a aparecer o led da internet a vermelho no roteador da asus. Alguma ideia??? Relembro que estou com o firmware original na versão Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.384_81351.

Outro problema que reparo é o IPV6 coloquei em modo Nativo e ai tudo bem fiz o teste no https://test-ipv6.com/ e deu tudo certinho.
Deixo passar uns 10 minutos faço mesmo teste e aparece Nenhum endereço IPv6 foi detectado?????
Alguma ideia?