ROG Member Array

G751JY Thermal Pad thicknesses?

I have an Asus ROG G751JY laptop that gets murderously hot when gaming particularly in 4k, now i pulled it apart once already and cleaned everything, put some Thermal Grizzly Kyronaut thermal paste, and i also cut 52MM holes with a holesaw over where both fans are in the base just awaiting for some grills to arrive and this has dramatically helped but i feel it still could be better. So i have some liquid metal conductanaut, nail polish, vinyl tape to do all this again but i am wondering whether it would alos be of benefit to replace the thermal pads as well, so my big question is what size/thickness will i need? This for example on ebay https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Alphacoo...53.m1438.l2649 is inexpensive so i could easily buy a couple of these as i have a N750JV laptop i want to give the exact same treatment do, drilled holes and fan grills, liquid metal etc. I have tried an Asus repair centre near me of which has sold me components to do my own repairs, mouse touchpad, battery, might have to do a keyboard at some point (what a process that is lol) and they reckon they had no idea because as a rule they just reuse whats on there, but when it comes to running cooler and maybe having a little room for overclocking cooling the GPU memory especially let alone the rest better would no doubt be a benefit to everything. I use notebook fan control i have it set pretty aggressive which i feel for the time being keeps this laptop running as cool as possible! I have attached a screen of idle and under load temps. But yeah if anyone can point me in right direction on the thermal pads or whether the gaps are so tiny i could use the rest iof my Kyronaut i'd be very greatful! 1 other question i may as well ask so i don't have to open another thread is, i have a 512gb AHCI M2 in this laptop, that runs over one of the laptops 2 HDD bays, would it be possible to run a SATA SSD below it even if i had to remove the housing off that SATA SSD to make sure there was ample room between the two, also keep i mine i have 2 1TB WD Black 2.5'' drives installed one in the other bay and the second in an optical drive bay caddy!

Regards
    David

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IDLE.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	550.7 KB 
ID:	74252

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Under Load.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	491.8 KB 
ID:	74253

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Darnassus PC Specs
    Darnassus PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VS -=-=- G750JX
    MotherboardASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G752VS (U3E1) -=-=- ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G750JX (SOCKET 0)
    Processori7 6700HQ @ 2.60GHz -=-=- i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz - 3.40GHz
    Memory (part number)2x16gb (M471A2K43BB1-CRC) -=-=- 2x8gb (HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB)
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1070 (8GB) -=-=- GTX 770M (3GB)
    Sound CardRealtek High Definition Audio / NVIDIA High Definition Audio
    MonitorGSync IPS 75HZ -=-=- Chi Mei 60Hz (Overclocked to 85Hz)
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB x2 -=-=- LITEONIT LCS-256M6S
    Storage #2HGST HTS721010A9E630 -=-=- ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB
    CPU CoolerStock -=-=- Stock
    CaseStock -=-=- Stock
    Power SupplyStock -=-=- Stock
    Keyboard Stock -=-=- Stock
    Mouse Razer Naga Epic 1st Generation
    Headset SPH 2500
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus
    OS Winblows 10 Pro -=-=- Winblows 8.1 Pro
    Network RouterCG3000v2

Nail Polish? Noooooooo!
    Gosh Blue Lady.. ❤

JOIN THE ASUS T-SHOOT DISCORD <-- Clicky!

ROG Member Array

For all the resarch i have done both clear nail polish and or conformal coating is what was used, so nobody can shed any light on the thickness of the thermal pads?

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dddwilliams View Post
    For all the resarch i have done both clear nail polish and or conformal coating is what was used, so nobody can shed any light on the thickness of the thermal pads?
    You would take a quick look at the gaps you need to fill in and buy pads that will fill these gaps
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

ROG Junior Member Array

Need to do the same, what temps u have when gaming?