Threaded View

New ROGer Array

Upgrading the GL703 M.2 drive to 512GB

Hey guys,

I have a Strix GL703 laptop and I was wondering how I can upgrade the m.2 hard drive. I used Rufus for my USB installation but I can't boot with USB even when I turn off Quick Boot and Secure Boot. I know the USB drive works because I tested it on my old laptop and it was successful due to no UEFI. Do I have to enter the Security part of the BIOS and clear the keys in the secure boot in order to use my USB drive for installing Windows 10? Also, am I able to dual boot Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 with Secure boot? If i keep the 256 GB m.2 that came with the laptop, if I upgrade my Windows Home to Education edition by changing my product key, will this affect the Secure boot keys that are stored in the Firmware, if so what software do i need for creating security boot keys? UEFI is a whole new thing to me. When i bought the laptop, i realized it came with Home instead of Pro. I need Pro or Education for my school training.

Thanks guys, I've tried looking up some information and had no luck. I also scanned the QR code for help with the BIOS and the ASUS page was not found.