cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG278Q - Faulty PSU?

Unnatural
Level 7
Hi,
I went back to my PC after several weeks. I discovered my PG278Q doesn't turn on after being turned off, or simply after entering sleep/energy saving mode, unless I physically disconnect the cable from the power main for a few second. May I hope this is just a PSU problem and can be fixed by purchasing a new one?
I can't remember when I bought the monitor and if it's still covered by warranty. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Kimblerulez
Level 7
Unnatural wrote:
Hi,
I went back to my PC after several weeks. I discovered my PG278Q doesn't turn on after being turned off, or simply after entering sleep/energy saving mode, unless I physically disconnect the cable from the power main for a few second. May I hope this is just a PSU problem and can be fixed by purchasing a new one?
I can't remember when I bought the monitor and if it's still covered by warranty. Thanks.

I is a PSU issue, lots of people with this monitor have been affected with this problem I have just recently found out. I am looking for anyone who know of a better replacement available to Australia.

Jagdseelen
Level 8
Under Australian Consumer Law your monitor is still covered outside of the manufacturer's warranty, If it is reasonable to say it should be still working at the time it becomes faulty.

I bought an original power brick off eBay Australia for $53 delivered as it was cheaper than sending in my whole monitor like ASUS wanted me to do. But if you live close to a ASUS service centre, I'd contact ASUS to have it dealt with through them.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OZ-Pickup-ASUS-Genuine-90W-AC-Power-Adapter-for-Gaming-ROG-Swift-PG278Q/...