Level 7
Hi there,

I've just bought a new build with this :

- Maximus VIII Hero with
- core I3 8100 3.6GHz 6Mo PC 14nm 8 GT/s 64-bit
- 2x4Go Kingston HyerX Fury DDR4 2666MHz 288-pin Unbuffured DIMM 1.2V CL15
- Western Digital WD Caviar Blue SATA 1000 GB
- Asus DRW-24D5MT M-Disc

I put everything together but when i tried to start the computer, no display and a 62 error code on the motherboard display. So i tried to switch RAM, also tried with just one but still the same error.

I changed the motherboard by a new one : same problem. So i changed CPU and RAM too, but i still have the 62 error code and the white VGA_LED.

Can someone help me with this ? 'Cause i'm runnin out of solution right now and i really need this computer to work.

Regards,

taroume.
4 REPLIES 4

MoKiChU
Level 40
taroume wrote:
Hi there,

I've just bought a new build with this :

- Maximus VIII Hero with
- core I3 8100 3.6GHz 6Mo PC 14nm 8 GT/s 64-bit
- 2x4Go Kingston HyerX Fury DDR4 2666MHz 288-pin Unbuffured DIMM 1.2V CL15
- Western Digital WD Caviar Blue SATA 1000 GB
- Asus DRW-24D5MT M-Disc

I put everything together but when i tried to start the computer, no display and a 62 error code on the motherboard display. So i tried to switch RAM, also tried with just one but still the same error.

I changed the motherboard by a new one : same problem. So i changed CPU and RAM too, but i still have the 62 error code and the white VGA_LED.

Can someone help me with this ? 'Cause i'm runnin out of solution right now and i really need this computer to work.

Regards,

taroume.

Hi,

Your motherboard is equipped with a chipset Z170 (1xx series), this chipset does not support the CPUs Coffee Lake i3/i5/i7 8xxx, it is mandatory to have a motherboard with chipset series 3xx to use your i3 8100 : https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1035816

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Your motherboard is equipped with a chipset Z170 (1xx series), this chipset does not support the CPUs Coffee Lake i3/i5/i7 8xxx, it is mandatory to have a motherboard with chipset series 3xx to use your i3 8100 : https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1035816

Thanks for your answer, so i have to buy another motherboard for the i3 8100 and another CPU for the Maximus VIII Hero and i will have 2 computers instead of 1.

taroume wrote:
Thanks for your answer, so i have to buy another motherboard for the i3 8100 and another CPU for the Maximus VIII Hero and i will have 2 computers instead of 1.

Yes you would. The 8th gen (8000 series) CPU requires the Z370 motherboard/chipset.

The VIII Hero supports the Z170 chipset and 6th gen CPU.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

So i've just received a i3 6100 (7100 wasn't available) and the PC finally starts !

I still have a problem, i use the onboard GPU via the HDMI port and when i first start i had to go to the bios (no other possibilities). I try to change the language but i can't, English remain all the time. I also changed the boot order but when i wanted to save changes the bios prompted me "no changes made".
When it restart, i had a black screen with no signal, so i used the clear CMOS button and it started again with the display.
I entered the bios and choosed to boot from Windows DVD, that worked fine, but after the first reboot, i had again the black screen with no signal.

Do i have to change something with the motherboard (maybe had a jumper) or with the BIOS to always have te display ? Because clearing CMOS all the time won't be easy to use...

Regards,

taroume.