cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog strix z370-i rgb leds stuck on red. Can't turn off in bios either.

m4ttjirm
Level 7
Hello -

ROG STRIX z370-i Bios 8050 (most recent)
Core i7 8700k
Strix 1080ti
Corsair RGB Ram 2x16gb
Coolermaster ML120R ARGB AIO
All latest chipset drivers

ASUS Aura was working perfect for me with no issues at all. That all changed three days ago for no reason. I did not make any changes at all, and it all of a sudden stopped detecting my motherboard while everything else syncs perfectly. Everything can do anything I ask it to, but the motherboard is just stuck on solid red.

I have tried to uninstall Aura with Revo cleaner, ccleaner, regular windows uninstall.
Used the aura cleaner tool
I have tried to re-install multiple different versions of Aura from the beta, to the stable, to all the 1.05 versions
Nothing can detect my motherboard lights
I have also tried to update to the latest bios, unplugged everything overnight, cleared cmos, even completely took the whole thing apart and re-seated everything.
Tried to do everything with and without AIsuite3, no help.

I have tried to right click the zip and "unblock" before I extract the files as some people have had success with. I have installed every time using the run as administrator function. I have tried to reboot the computer a million times and re-install aura.

NOTHING IS WORKING and I have tried EVERYTHING from multiple articles, forums, and youtube videos. Literally have spent hours on this. This is so incredibly frustrating as ASUS is my favorite company and I went out of my way to get everything ARGB Aura Sync compatible down to my mouse and keyboard.

I even got to the point where I said screw it I don't even care about the 12 motherboard LED's so I go into my bios and turn OFF Aura for system on and off states, but the light doesn't even turn off! I even changed all modes for S4 + S5 power states, nothing. It is simply just stuck on red no matter what combination of EVERY SINGLE THING that I have tried. I can't even turn the damn thing off to just forget about it.

HOW IN THE WORLD DOES AURA SYNC NOT DETECT THE MAINBOARD AURA LIGHTS?!?! How does that even make sense?? It should be the ONLY thing it detects if anything!

What else can I try? Is there anyway for me to unplug the lights that are on the mobo? Is there anyway for me to reset anything?! What is left??? Super annoying can anyone assist from ASUS? All I see is forum members trying to help people out with nothing being acknowledged. There is obviously something wrong here.

Thanks
16 REPLIES 16

theWanderer521
Level 7
I also experienced AURA sync not detecting other LED components...some instances a restart will fix it for me. Sometimes it fixes itself for a few days. I hope you'll find the solution, as for me - I just let it do its thing and wait for it to be functional.

crispinrosete
Level 7
same here aura light effects got stuck/random freeze in my maximus x hero .. i've been trying to fix this issue almost a month, searching and reading a forum and following the steps re-installing aura software, updating bios into latest version, plugging-unplugging power cable and running as admin the "setup" but no luck still the problem exist. And also the "lightingservice.exe" process in task manager hogging cpu usage when i do multi-tasking like gaming and browsing in google chrome and when the cpu usage reach 25-30% the lights start to freeze. i post a thread regarding this issue in this forum but no one help me.

Yeah, I get it and I can wait. But if I wanted a motherboard that didn't have working rgb I could have bought a worse, different brand, or cheaper motherboard. Or I could have bought all fans with no led. It just looks ridiculous with everything syncing together except 1 set of lights on the motherboard.

Asus is advertising the heck out of aura right now. Everything has aura in it. They even have a new spotlight that just came out. I swapped out mouse, keyboard, everything so I can go all in on their ecosystem. They are making money off aura they need to make software that works properly and detects everything we shouldn't have to wait with no response, solution, or acknowledgment. We shouldn't have to do all this detective work and trial + error.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Did you try to delete your AURA xml profile (maybe it was corrupted during a crash while AURA was modifying it) ?

C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService\1.00.42\LastProfile.xml

Hello - would aura cleaner, or revo uninstaller delete that? I am going to try this and report back.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Did you try to delete your AURA xml profile (maybe it was corrupted during a crash while AURA was modifying it) ?

Update - I had my fingers crossed but still no go. Aura still won't detect the motherboard in the program, and turning the aura lights off in bios does not turn them off. Thanks for the suggestion!

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Six9_potatoMax
Level 7
Hi,

I recently bought Maximus X Hero, a week ago to be precise, and since then my problems didn't stop.

I have:
Intel i7 8700k
Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB
Gigabyte GTX 1070
Win10 64

At first, motherboard lights worked perfectly, could sync and everything, went to sleep, and lights were on, in the morning the lights were off, and when I turn on the PC the motherboard leds won't turn on, ot through bios, can't even see the motherboard in AURA, I tried to reinstall it through every possible way, Run as admin etc.
Updated BIOS to 1401.

Nothing seems to turn back on the leds on the motherboard, I tried to disconnect everything, took out CPU, cmos battery, fresh Win10 install, whatever you can think of, nothing.

I feel clueless about what else to do beside returning this mobo to RMA.

MoKiChU
Level 40

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Have you tried to disable Windows Fast Startup : https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1031533 ?

I just tried that, mobo doesn't light up and doesn't even show in AURA, tried to restart LightingService, reinstall once again AURA, unblock the rar, run setup as admin and all the possible toppings for the pizza, doesn't work, i'll return the mobo tomorrow and get something else.

Really disappointing.