Does AISuite 3 Work for you

SaLSouL
Level 10
Poll to find out who its working for

for those that answer yes please post your MB model
35 REPLIES 35

katlani
Level 9
unsure by what you mean work, i just installed it and use it for monitoring the system, did not use it for auto overclocking.

PRIME Z370-A

Delta9K
Level 9
SaLSouL wrote:
Poll to find out who its working for

for those that answer yes please post your MB model

No mention of anything specifically so, I'll add my experiences at the risk of being overboard or out of context completely...
AISuite 3, is working for me on:

Maximus X Hero WiFi, bios 1401
Crosshair VII Hero WiFi, bios 0601
Maximus IX Code, bios 1301
TUF Z270 Mark 1, bios 1301
&
AIsuite II, is working for me on a P8Z68-v pro/gen3

I use AISuite primarily for FanXpert to set/control fan profiles. I do not use for over-clocking, that is something better left for the BIOS in my opinion. I also do not have it start automatically with OS. I only enable it when I want to set/adjust FanXpert (Rare because once set, its set and forget). I don't use it to monitor temps, rpms, voltages or frequencies either as HWinfo64 does that for me much better. By better, I mean it is looking at a broader set of components/values beyond the mainboard sensors.

To be honest I operate Corsair Link, Ryzen Master, or any Monitoring/Control application the same way. I do not let anything run at start-up or all the time and never run more than a single application of this type at a time that polls sensors or has monitoring/control functionality. This is to avoid conflicts of multiple software's accessing or attempting control of the same resources simultaneously, e.g. AISuite and Link at the same time.
If I have a desire to check a particular parameter I start an application check, monitor or adjust, then close out. I use CPU-Z, GPU-Z, HWinfo64, CoreTemp, Link etc. Most of the apps I use have a "logging" facility that can be set to write to a file and monitor over time if needed. I often compare what different apps are reporting for the same sensor being monitored and that helps me get a better understanding overall of the values being reported.

All systems; the OS is Win10 Pro 64 v1803
Other systems in addition to rig in the profile specs:
Aorus Master x570, 3950X, 32GB GSkill c16 @3800, Sabrent PCIe4 1TB, Sabrent 1TB, 860Evo 1TB, 2080 Super, HX1200i, Celsius S36, Define S2, pg348q
Aorus Master x570, 3900X, 32GB GSkill c16 @3800, Sabrent PCIe4 1TB, 860Evo 1TB, 5700XT, HX1000i, H150i Pro, Obsidian 500D, LG32GK650F-B
MEG x570 Unify, 3800X, 32GB GSkill c16 @3800, Sabrent PCIe4 1TB, 860Evo 1TB, GTX1080Ti, SSR-850PD, Celsius S36, Define R6, u3415w

kx11
Level 7
Rampage 6 extreme

after windows April 2018 update the app stopped working

kx11 wrote:
Rampage 6 extreme

after windows April 2018 update the app stopped working

I had this issue. I had to use the AI Suite uninstaller posted here on the forum to remove it, then reinstall it. Works fine now on my Rampage 6 Extreme w/ i9 7900

Sprayingmango wrote:
I had this issue. I had to use the AI Suite uninstaller posted here on the forum to remove it, then reinstall it. Works fine now on my Rampage 6 Extreme w/ i9 7900

you mean Ai Suite Cleaner ?!!

Abaidor
Level 9
My only use was Fan Expert 4 and this does not work properly in my use case.

I have a Rampage VI Extreme with all fan headers populated along with the fan extension card. In total 17 Fans 9X Corsair ML 140 Pros plugged on the High Amp Header.

It never remembered my custom profiles so I gave up and removed it. I am using Q-Fan in the BIOS and all is working fine. However, I would like to have control through windows but the software is not working properly.
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

epicDoC
Level 8
All Asus Software is CANCER, just remove it or don't even bother attempting to install. It will either fail to install, fail to run or will eventually break (by no fault of your own) and then never work again. Just like the ROG front panel that I wasted £40 on. You mandatory need AI suite 3 for that to work. As that doesn't install now on the Maximus VIII Hero Alpha I have wasted £40 on hardware now! Screw Asus I'm going Gigabyte next. No reports of software not working and many reports of it being more functional.

epicDoC wrote:
All Asus Software is CANCER, just remove it or don't even bother attempting to install. It will either fail to install, fail to run or will eventually break (by no fault of your own) and then never work again. Just like the ROG front panel that I wasted £40 on. You mandatory need AI suite 3 for that to work. As that doesn't install now on the Maximus VIII Hero Alpha I have wasted £40 on hardware now! Screw Asus I'm going Gigabyte next. No reports of software not working and many reports of it being more functional.

My 570X corsair case has 9 fans from Corsair. I am using Corsair's new ICue software for fan control/light control, but as soon as i install something like Asus Aura or AI Suite, both software packages are conflicting with eachother. I dont have problems normally with Corsair software, but most Asus Software is so outdated or badly programmed.

idahosurge
Level 7
R6E and I only use the fan xpert 4, but it does control my fans the way I want them to run