cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displayport & XG27VQ Win 10 on and off

SirWaWa
Level 7
The XG27VQ is hooked up via displayport and I'm running Windows 10. When I turn off the monitor Windows makes that sound like something was unplugged. When I turn the monitor back on it makes that sound as if something was plugged in. (like a USB device but not a USB device)
Why is it doing this and how can I fix it so it doesn't do that?
5 REPLIES 5

stewart_1
Level 8
It seems a little odd that you are getting hearing USB disconnect / connect notification sounds in this way, as the ROG STRIX XG27VQ does not feature a USB hub of any kind. I assume also that you are not using a DisplayPort hub of any kind. If it's simply a matter of disabling the sound, you can always go to Control Panel > Sound > Sounds, there you will find a list of program events and the related sounds assigned to each. From there you can try search for the relevant sound you are hearing and then select 'none' disable it.

SirWaWa
Level 7
it's hooked up directly the 1080ti
I researched this and apparently it's a feature of displayport, this hotplug feature
it detects the display on and off live and does not treat the off function as off
seems fine at the desktop but wierd things can happen in games, like not finding the native resolution when on/off
some monitors deal with this properly, some don't
again it's a displayport thing more than anything and i like my 144hz 😉

SirWaWa
Level 7
I updated the display drivers to 398.11. I was running 391.35. Seems the problem is fixed now. No more device connection sound powering on and off.

ahmedpc03
Level 7
do you noticed any ghosting or purple artifact with this monitor
i want to buy one
give me your advice please

ahmedpc03 wrote:
do you noticed any ghosting or purple artifact with this monitor
i want to buy one
give me your advice please

none