cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G20CB New Bios 2202 Changelog?

jacky400
Level 7
This new bios version 2202 appears in windows update and the installed in dos mode .Anyone know the changelog ? (Support 7th gen CPU?)
8 REPLIES 8

Azerox
Level 7
Have the same. What has changed? Spectre? Also, why was this pushed?

JustinThyme
Level 13
BIOS Change logs have always been lackluster at best and often non existent.
My advice has been and will always be....
If it aint broke, dont fix it :cool:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Azerox
Level 7
Problem is it auto-updates trough Windows Update.

I saw it when my PC rebooted in the BIOS Flash utility and went on updating.

Ill ask Microsoft about this, they released it on their part.

Azerox wrote:
Problem is it auto-updates trough Windows Update.

I saw it when my PC rebooted in the BIOS Flash utility and went on updating.

Ill ask Microsoft about this, they released it on their part.

Somethoing else going on there. The only BIOS that M$ updates though windows update are their products like the Surface Pro...
Ive yet to see any manufacturer do an auto update on BIOS otherwise.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Somethoing else going on there. The only BIOS that M$ updates though windows update are their products like the Surface Pro...
Ive yet to see any manufacturer do an auto update on BIOS otherwise.

Well it did install it without even asking. Just a ROG G20CB PC and not a surface pro or strange things.

Mollari
Level 8
Didn´t received that Update until now. What´s going on here??? Is there any special to do????

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Mollari wrote:
Didn´t received that Update until now. What´s going on here??? Is there any special to do????

Haven't tried it with the G20CB, but was able to manually update the M32CD bios through device manager/firmware in Windows 10 by choosing 'update driver', so sounds like another method to update the bios may be available now.

I couldn't get the bios update to install on my M32CD unit just by searching for Windows updates though and had to manually do it through device manager.

If you don't have a good reason to update the bios though, it's safer to wait for others to try it first, or just skip it altogether if it doesn't seem to help with anything.

cl-Albert wrote:
Haven't tried it with the G20CB, but was able to manually update the M32CD bios through device manager/firmware in Windows 10 by choosing 'update driver', so sounds like another method to update the bios may be available now.

I couldn't get the bios update to install on my M32CD unit just by searching for Windows updates though and had to manually do it through device manager.

If you don't have a good reason to update the bios though, it's safer to wait for others to try it first, or just skip it altogether if it doesn't seem to help with anything.

Thanks, but that´s not working.