cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE: BIOS update. What do these words mean?

FoxAdriano
Level 11
Hi, I have an almost new PC with this hardware:
MOTHERBOARD: Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE
VIDEOCARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti
(C) 512GB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe (for Windows 10)
(D) 2TB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 2TB SATA III 6Gbit / s interface
(E) 1TB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe

Today I updated the BIOS and immediately after updating it, on restart it forced me to enter the BIOS and configure it. I inform you that I have Win 10 uefi and I don't have any RAID array.
In the meantime it restarted at a certain time the PC is stuck on a black page with these writings (read the last three lines on the pic).
What do they mean? I absolutely didn't change anything compared to the previous BIOS. I have no experience. I did good?
Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
When you update the BIOS all your previous settings are cleared. So, the warning is simply for those who are using RAID. If you are not using RAID you can ignore the reminder...

Just press F1 and adjust the settings you need and save and exit (F10)

Ugh! I'm worried if you are telling me the previous settings are cleared. It was not me who set up the BIOS before but the technician made it when he assembled the PC. In your opinion now have I to modify something? In my PV there are DIMM DDR4 32GB G.Skill PC 3200 CL14 KIT and some time ago you recommended me to change 3200 to 3800 .... Do you think do I have to change it again? ... and how could I set the BIOS with that hardware?

Another and different question please. On "device management" I see some errors. I have those errors form the first day I bought the PC. I attach 2 pics.
I try to solve those problems even contacting Microsoft forum but with no avail.
How can I solve those problems?
THANKS

Yes, all settings are cleared after BIOS update.

FoxAdriano wrote:
you recommended me to change 3200 to 3800

Hmmm...not me...unless the RAM is rated for that

The easiest way to set up your RAM is to run the XMP profile. If the RAM is rated for 3800 and was working at that frequency it should not be too hard to set it up again...if the kit is rated for 3200 run it at that

The ? in device manager looks like you need to install AS media usb drivers

Arne Saknussemm wrote:

The ? in device manager looks like you need to install AS media usb drivers

1) Yes, I already tried to install Asmedia_USB3.1-3.0_Driver_Win10_V116472_20171108 but when I install it I get an error and I can't go on.
What could I do please? Look at the third pic.

2) In the first pic you can see Speed: 3800 MHz. Does it refer to the RAM? Does it mean the new BIOS has not cleared RAM settings? Time ago I rated 3800 MHz and my PC worked very fine.

3) Why in the second pic I see DRAM Frequency on Auto? Maybe do I have to choose 3800?

Please verify my 2 BIOS Pages (on the pics) if I have to modify something else beside RAM because I am relatively inexperienced.
I thanks you.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Green is CPU speed
Yellow is current RAM speed

You want to click on XMP and select a profile from the drop down menu then save and exit BIOS

The driver I don't know...did you download the latest from the ASUS web page for your board?

Hi dear Arne, I thank you a lot for your availability. I made what you told me. I enabled X.M.P. and I have just noticed my PC now is overclocked. I'm sorry but I don't like to get a such highly overclocked PC. I'm afraid to get some problems with the passage of time. Before BIOS update I remember the RAM was rated for 2800 not for 3800. In your opinion is it better to rate my RAM for 2800? Does it less stress my PC? If it is so, what should I do precisely to rate the RAM for 2800 in the BIOS? Thanks again one.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
3200 is a sweet spot and at CAS14 sweeter still. That at 1.35v DRAM voltage will last forever it is well within the safe specs for the platform. That is the rated specification for the kit.

You can check VCCSA (SA voltage just to make sure auto setting is not too high)

If you want to set 2800MHz you would have to do so manually.