cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonic Studio/Sonic Radar II

hellokitty
Level 11
Hello ASUS, do you TEST this stuff at all? http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/audio/Realtek_Audio_V7829_20160630.zip?_ga=2.189757099.1490828... This does a lousy install, and it leaves you with the old version of SonicRadar. it does not install SonicRadar_2.1.3301.0. but it says it does in the description. Also this software crashes other software, NDI Tools 3.5 scan converter will not start because of it. All the problems i have had with other software installs were probablly because of it. and im talking CLEAN installs. We pay alot more for the ROG brand and i have a few, could you keep the Software updated, There are many people here in this Forum that have alot of software issues, just start fixing it, thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

davemon50
Level 11
What you ask for seems reasonable. I have noticed the effort Asus has put into Aura with forum threads, constant updates, and even soliciting feature requests (after angering many users). It seems like they have a dedicated Aura team on it. I wish they'd do the same with at least all major Asus software.
Davemon50

brkkab123
Level 7
I've personally noticed something with ASUS/ASUSTEK. They don't really care about their customers or their products.
I currently have 2 pc's with each havving ASUS mobo's.
I;ve noticed that once ASUS releases something newer, the only update that you may get out of them is a UEFI update and nothing else.
My Maximus VIII Hero only get's UEFI updates from ASUS now.
My Sabertooth 990 FX R2.0 has had no updates since 2012, not even a UEFI update for Meltdown/Spectre.
NICE JOB ASUS/ASUSTEK.
As far as AURA goes it doesn't work for probably 98% of ASUS/ASUSTEK customer's.
I've been thinking of going with either Asrock or MSI for my Ryzen 2700X upgrade I'm gonna be doing soon.

brkkab123 wrote:
...My Sabertooth 990 FX R2.0 has had no updates since 2012, not even a UEFI update for Meltdown/Spectre.
NICE JOB ASUS/ASUSTEK.

You're looking in the wrong places.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_990FX_R20/HelpDesk_Download/
Davemon50

hellokitty
Level 11
yeh asus is ok, with SOME boards with frequent bios updates, but the extra software that they rave about on the products page, gets left by the wayside quickly.

hos4ss
Level 7
Hey guys,
Hope you can help me with this .... I'd really appreciate it

1- There's a conflict to start with, does this board support Sonic Radar I or II? ... please check the links below:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/B150-PRO-GAMING/

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1009778/ (scroll down to the table and you'll find it)

2- website states when you install the Realtek audio driver, it should be installed with it in C: > program files

- I tried to install 3 versions of Realtek audio driver (2 versions from the website and the one in the CD that came with the board) after a clean windows installation, none of them had Sonic Radar installed, i just found the folder there empty.

3- I tried to install Sonic Radar II separately from the Audio driver files, it launches but when i press "Test" i hear what seems to be a machine gun and it doesn't do/detect anything on the radar .... i tried to launch RS6, it gets detected as a game in the app and the radar appears inside the game yet still doesn't detect sounds/movements on the radar.

4- some say the Sonic radar should also be in your Realtek Audio Manager as a tab (also saw it in some youtube vids) ... which I can never find (I supposed cuz it was never installed with the driver)

5- there's also one thing i noticed, when you launch Sonic Radar II, it states " please enable 5.1 or 7.1 sound settings in your video game for the best experience" something like that ... so now i'm starting to suspect my own headphones ! but I did see a post where someone had it working on their USB headphone and speakers !

I'm using Win 10 pro updated to the latest version.