cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Router App + RT-AC5300, Real-Time Traffic incorrect

elliottlock
Level 7
Hi,

Firstly let me say I recently bought the RT-AC5300 and it's a very good product with some nice software. However, it's not without issues 🙂

One of those being the iPhone Asus Router App. On it's homescreen it currently reports the Real-Time Traffic. If I'm not making an oversight here the traffic appears to be wrong. As when I go to view my devices I can clearly see the traffic on individual devices is (for example) at 8.00Mpbs, but the Real-Time Traffic on the home screen reports 900Kbps.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Many Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

EricTheRed
Level 7
I've noticed on the iOS app, it auto switches from KBps to MBps automatically. *This can be a little confusing. *I would rather just megabits.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
8Mbps = 8,000Kbps, can you confirm if the measurement shown is incorrect, or in different units? Please provide screenshots if possible.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
8Mbps = 800Kbps, can you confirm if the measurement shown is incorrect ,or in different units?

8Mbps = 8000Kbps not 800Kbps.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Touché, typo corrected. Thanks.

Natey2
Level 7
elliottlock wrote:
One of those being the iPhone Asus Router App. On it's homescreen it currently reports the Real-Time Traffic. If I'm not making an oversight here the traffic appears to be wrong. As when I go to view my devices I can clearly see the traffic on individual devices is (for example) at 8.00Mpbs, but the Real-Time Traffic on the home screen reports 900Kbps.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Maybe the router page is reporting instantaneous/max speed for the individual device(s), but the mobile app is reporting average speed?