cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS - 5 RMA's, problems still persist [Resoved]

Thaladar
Level 7
Greetings, fellow ROG owners and Asus enthusiasists,

The time is nigh, and I'm in dire need of your advice. To summarize the topic: I had bought my laptop in March 2017, it had been in perfect working order for nearly 2 months and then everything started spiraling down. More than a year later and 5 RMAs, I believe any talk about it getting fixed is out of question as it is obviously beyond salvation and want to take legal action against the retailer (and possibly Asus themselves), in line with the customer protection law and its acts. However, before I proceed to do so, I'm going to ask you a few questions.

Just for the reference, I'm going to include the links of my three threads from the previous year (in order of their creation):

1. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93251-G752VS-laptop-crashes-gt-SSD-disappears-from-BIOS-De...
2. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94101-G752VS-comes-back-from-a-fix-Gaming-Center-modes-non...
3. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?98098-My-G752VS-laptop-finally-acknowledged-to-be-faulty

Now, to continue with those questions I have previously mentioned, along with listing all the complaints that I have.

I made my purchase in Switzerland, but I reside in Serbia. For the first two RMAs I sent the laptop back to Switzerland, to the company I bought it from (STEG Electronics). They looked into it, but nothing was fixed, apart from replacing a "supposedly dead" SSD during the first RMA. After that, a number of additional problems emerged, most notably constant overheating and stuttering in games (as well as when working with simple programs), whereas the problem was not previously present.

After I contacted my uncle who complained to the company on my behalf (since I don't speak any of the three official languages of Switzerland), stating that the problems still persist and that pretty much nothing got fixed but made for the worse, they suggested that I take the laptop to a company authorized by Asus here in Serbia so that they look into it instead.

The third RMA in total (the first one here in Serbia) came back with information that the motherboard (alongside the CPU) failed every single test and that a replacement part was ordered. Once the replacement part arrived, I received an email saying they tested the laptop and that it passes all factory tests so that I may come by and pick it up. So I did. Being wary of how other people handle stuff, I quickly inspected the laptop upon picking it up, in front of the guy who worked at the reception. As I noticed no visible damage, I packed it up and headed back home. When I got home, I performed a more thorough inspection and found out a dent on the right side of the laptop, and furiously contacted back the company that performed the fix. They told me to take the laptop back to them so they can check it out. The main problem is that I have no direct proof that they damaged it (but the "damage" section in the initial admission papers for my unit is empty, whereas the second time I took it back to them, they wrote down the description of the damage present, obviously), and cannot sue them for it... or so I think. To make the entire situation even more "spicy", since one of my friends informed me on how they don't pay attention when handling other people's gadgets and how delivery trucks do the same, I had personally driven to the capital four times in total (two times to leave it there, two times to pick it up) in order to avoid it getting damaged during transport, yet they still do a poor job and hit it on the side during the fixing process. I'm still furious about it, having spent additional sum of money.

So, before I returned the laptop again as they requested (fourth RMA), I tested it, and the supposedly new motherboard didn't do anything - all the problems were still there, plus additional issues with keyboard and LED lights on the back side of the laptop. Ridiculous. So, I turned it in yet again, and they ran it through some tests - guess what? They found out that the motherboard is faulty, the same replacement motherboard that they ordered from Czech Republic, the one that passed all standard factory tests after they had installed it into my unit. Makes me wonder if they really ordered one, because they definitely don't know how to do their job. So, they ordered ANOTHER replacement motherboard, replaced it, and said it once again passed all standard tests. Can you guess what happened next? Yes, you're right, no improvement at all. Still the same pile of **** it had been. At this point I became even angrier, and contacted my uncle to relay my problem to the Swiss retailer I bought the laptop from. They informed me (via him) to send the laptop to Switzerland again, and I urged them to directly forward it to Asus this time, as I no longer wanted their technicians meddling with it. Of course they didn't send it to Asus, and instead looked into it themselves. Of course they fixed nothing, too. This was the 5th RMA. After more than a year and five RMAs, I believe the situation is no longer salvageable, and that something urgent must be done about this.

So, to summarize things: technically speaking, the laptop had been in my possession (and in working condition) for only those initial two months of its purchase (not even two full months, to be precise), and spent months and months in both companies that worked on fixing it, both in Switzerland in Serbia. I could have bought an entirely new unit for the money I spent on shipping the laptop to Switzerland and back to Serbia, as well as the money I spent on diesel for my four trips to Belgrade.

To cut down to the most important part - since my laptop is still under warranty, the company that performed 3rd and 4th RMAs here in Serbia immediately offered me a replacement (laptop) unit as soon as I mentioned it isn't performing as it should be. In the end, sadly, they were unable to provide me with a replacement laptop as the model I own is not available in Serbia, and told me that I would have to contact the Swiss company for that. However, the retailer company I bought it from constantly refuses to provide me with a working unit. My main question is - is there anyone who can direct me to a representative of a Swiss-based Asus branch, someone who speaks English? I'm hoping they'll be as accommodating as their Serbian call center counterparts and provide me with a new, working unit. If everything fails, I intend to file a lawsuit against related parties, and pursue my valid claim with relevant proof. Oh, and yes - is there anyone who knows anything about customer protection rights in Switzerland?

Sorry for the lengthy post, and I apologize for any mistakes I might have made.

Best regards,
Marco
30 REPLIES 30

OnepunchGus
Level 7
Hello Marco,

Sorry to hear about all of this. Have you tried contacting Asus directly? Gaming laptops are tricky because the quality Control is terrible since Asus makes 20-30 different laptops every year. I once had an MSI GS60...Worst purchase of my life. Never again did I buy a gaming laptop. I found this information for you below, I believe this is directly to Serbia. Wish you the best of luck, I know your pain.

Pozovite nas
ASUS SERVISNI CENTAR
+381114300328

Proizvod
All Products
Radno vreme
Pon-Pet, 09:00-17:00.

OnepunchGus wrote:
Hello Marco,

Sorry to hear about all of this. Have you tried contacting Asus directly? Gaming laptops are tricky because the quality Control is terrible since Asus makes 20-30 different laptops every year. I once had an MSI GS60...Worst purchase of my life. Never again did I buy a gaming laptop. I found this information for you below, I believe this is directly to Serbia. Wish you the best of luck, I know your pain.

Pozovite nas
ASUS SERVISNI CENTAR
+381114300328

Proizvod
All Products
Radno vreme
Pon-Pet, 09:00-17:00.

Hello, Gus, and thank you for your reply. However, the information you provided is of no use for me. As I have already mentioned in the initial post, Asus in Serbia is unable to replace my unit as the model I own is not available here, hence why I bought it in Switzerland. So, what I probably need to do is contact Asus headquarters in Switzerland, hoping someone there speaks English as I don't speak any of the three official languages. That is why I have first asked here if any Asus employees/affiliates can direct me to someone; if not, I suppose I'll have to go the hard route and play some Russian roulette by calling them by phone, hoping they reply in English.

Nevertheless, thank you for taking time to read my post and for replying.

Best regards,
Marco

Dalski
Level 8
Don't bother calling, you must address everything in writing so there is a clear record. Going to court on verbal enquiries is frivolous, you'll get nowhere.

I was considering Returning my unit but reading up on experience from other users I won't be doing that due to the reports I read.

Dalski wrote:
Don't bother calling, you must address everything in writing so there is a clear record. Going to court on verbal enquiries is frivolous, you'll get nowhere.

I was considering Returning my unit but reading up on experience from other users I won't be doing that due to the reports I read.

So what you are suggesting is that I do literally... nothing? That's not going to happen, as I'm bound to push this out in the open until justice is served. I have evidence backing up my claims in form of those papers, plus additional proof in form of videos, temperature records, overall horrible performance and other things - I can replicate all of those at any given time, in front of everyone. I obviously wouldn't mention going to court unprepared. I am determined to defend myself and my rights no matter what, I just want to see if the issue can first be resolved by traditional means before I approach more serious measures.

In addition to specific law segments that support my case in all this, there's also the option of contacting Kassensturz (a TV program broadcast by the Swiss Radio and Television that deals with consumer protection topics). I have owned an Asus laptop before (not even a gaming one) and it has been serving me for more than 7 years, and in some ways it proves more reliable than the current 2500 CHF gaming model that I own.

Constant CPU overheating, stuttering, display around the Asus bezel hot to the touch, sudden freezes, shutdowns and restarts, massive screen tearing, improper texture rendering, improper shadow rendering causing unavoidable artifacts, texture pop-ups and continuous flickering, etc. etc., I could go on like this all day. My patience has neared its end, and it is time to take some serious action by taking the matters into my own hands.

Best regards,
Marco

ReapZ
Level 7
i don't think the poster above is trying to tell you to just do nothing. He is telling you to send your complaints to asus support in writing so you have proof of contacting them with what you complained about in the requests for support. I am not familiar with swiss cpl however i am familiar with law practice in the us and I agree with the previous poster that it would be better to have any complaints in writing. Also after doing a bit of searching i have came up with no phone number for English speaking swiss support however i did find a support email that is listed as English. I would suggest you send an email to them with any proof you have of the several RMA'S you have made already as well as the serial number, model number, place of purchase, proof of purchase if you have it and your contact info. and be sure to take screenshots of your complaint before sending it incase you are unable to print if off afterword's if you end up taking it to court that will be useful so it wont be your word against theirs. Remember they are the "experts" and your just a guy that bought a computer in the eyes of the courts.

link to English swiss support - https://vip.asus.com/VIP2/Services/QuestionForm?lang=en-en&_ga=2.5531443.106630917.1529353630-110619...

ReapZ wrote:
i don't think the poster above is trying to tell you to just do nothing. He is telling you to send your complaints to asus support in writing so you have proof of contacting them with what you complained about in the requests for support. I am not familiar with swiss cpl however i am familiar with law practice in the us and I agree with the previous poster that it would be better to have any complaints in writing. Also after doing a bit of searching i have came up with no phone number for English speaking swiss support however i did find a support email that is listed as English. I would suggest you send an email to them with any proof you have of the several RMA'S you have made already as well as the serial number, model number, place of purchase, proof of purchase if you have it and your contact info. and be sure to take screenshots of your complaint before sending it incase you are unable to print if off afterword's if you end up taking it to court that will be useful so it wont be your word against theirs. Remember they are the "experts" and your just a guy that bought a computer in the eyes of the courts.

link to English swiss support - https://vip.asus.com/VIP2/Services/QuestionForm?lang=en-en&_ga=2.5531443.106630917.1529353630-110619...

Hmm, perhaps you are right - if everything else fails and I have to take this whole case to court, I'll have proof that I first tried to resolve the matter through traditional means... now I get what you're saying. I will compile all the necessary information that I need, do not worry. Even if they are "experts" and I'm just an "ordinary guy", justice shall be met, indeed!

P.S. Yeah, I had also found that link in English, shortly before you posted it here. Thank you for your several suggestions!

Thaladar wrote:
Hmm, perhaps you are right - if everything else fails and I have to take this whole case to court, I'll have proof that I first tried to resolve the matter through traditional means... now I get what you're saying. I will compile all the necessary information that I need, do not worry. Even if they are "experts" and I'm just an "ordinary guy", justice shall be met, indeed!

P.S. Yeah, I had also found that link in English, shortly before you posted it here. Thank you for your several suggestions!

It sounds like the fault lies in the negligent 3rd party repair facility. Since they are not Asus, I doubt taking legal action against Asus would do much good. The damage to the laptop is very unfortunate. Where is this damage? Is it in a place where it could hinder the Internal heatpipe? I ask because there is VERY little room in these laptops regarding free space. There really isnt any. If there is a "dent" somewhere in the housing, it very well could be hindering or pushing on a component to where the heatpipe/heatsink are not seated properly. This would make any tests fail. The chances of getting 2-3 faulty motherboards are slim to none. There has to be some negligence going on with the reassembly of the laptop. Something is not seating properly causing it to malfunction. Just my guess anyway.

Good Luck!
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

MrRuckus wrote:
It sounds like the fault lies in the negligent 3rd party repair facility. Since they are not Asus, I doubt taking legal action against Asus would do much good. The damage to the laptop is very unfortunate. Where is this damage? Is it in a place where it could hinder the Internal heatpipe? I ask because there is VERY little room in these laptops regarding free space. There really isnt any. If there is a "dent" somewhere in the housing, it very well could be hindering or pushing on a component to where the heatpipe/heatsink are not seated properly. This would make any tests fail. The chances of getting 2-3 faulty motherboards are slim to none. There has to be some negligence going on with the reassembly of the laptop. Something is not seating properly causing it to malfunction. Just my guess anyway.

Good Luck!

I'd first like to apologize for replying this late, as I had an assignment to complete before the deadline. Yes, both 3rd party repair facilities that performed the repairs are retarded, like their technicians are absolutely clueless, that's how it seemed to me. Yet, if the laptop is still not working properly after five RMAs, the only proper solution would be a new replacement unit or a refund. I have already sent a message to Swiss Asus branch (in English, as advertised on their website) and am awaiting their response. As for the aforementioned dent, it's on the edge and not "deep" or anything of the sort and can in no way impact the inner components, it's just that it annoys me the outside case appears damaged when you inspect it more thoroughly, so don't worry about it. However, I had also been thinking about the possibility that some components are not seated properly, therefore causing all this havoc, but who knows. All in all, I'm no longer going to tolerate this and will take on more serious actions if needed - but for now, let's see what Asus has to say first.

Best regards,
Marco

JustinThyme
Level 13
Go to the support page and log a ticket.
Keep in mind that most of the places you have available are not ASUS shops, They are simply PC repair companies that have a contract with ASUS to do the work and depending on where you are they can be quite shady. The forum is full of stories coming from less than desirable sources.

Poster is right to create a paper trail, even if its electronic. He said, she said phone calls will get you nowhere.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein