Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Alright, I just got a response from Asus. Looks like they have a Serbian guy there, who replied to me in Serbian (I wrote it all in English). He says they (Asus) think that I should contact the retailer and request a refund or a replacement unit, according to everything I had written. What is this bull****? As if I hadn't tried that already, the company I bought the laptop from continuously refuses that and insists that the laptop gets fixed... they keep fixing it, but nothing gets fixed. If anything, they're just making everything even worse. I'm definitely going to take legal action in accordance to Swiss customer protection law, this is ridiculous.

ROG Enthusiast Array

After reading your post, I feel suspicious buying an Asus gaming laptop from my trip to Germany.

I live in Nordics and so far Asus Nordic didnt create any problem for me. At my 3rd RMA I got full-refund from the retailer. Of course, Asus should give that credit note to the retailer and them retailer is obliged to give you a new computer or money.

ROG Member Array

I got another response from the Asus guy after providing him with additional information - he clearly stated that since the laptop had undergone four (but it's five) hardware repairs, I have every lawful right to request a refund or get a new unit, according to the law centered around warranty, and that the retailer must oblige. I have also sent an e-mail to the retailer, and attached all files of importance (repair papers, screenshots of the ticket on Asus' website, screenshots of my correspondence with the Asus employee). Before I make my next and final move, I'll first see what the retailer's e-mail response contains.

Quote Originally Posted by PredatoR_TR View Post
    After reading your post, I feel suspicious buying an Asus gaming laptop from my trip to Germany.

I live in Nordics and so far Asus Nordic didnt create any problem for me. At my 3rd RMA I got full-refund from the retailer. Of course, Asus should give that credit note to the retailer and them retailer is obliged to give you a new computer or money.

I don't want to scare you, but you should always be prepared for the worst. Now, looking back on my own experience, I'd first make sure they would give me a refund or a new unit in case anything goes wrong, instead of being dragged around as I currently am. I'm sure your luck will never be as bad as mine, so try not to worry too much about it

Best regards,
    Marco

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladar View Post
    I got another response from the Asus guy after providing him with additional information - he clearly stated that since the laptop had undergone four (but it's five) hardware repairs, I have every lawful right to request a refund or get a new unit, according to the law centered around warranty, and that the retailer must oblige. I have also sent an e-mail to the retailer, and attached all files of importance (repair papers, screenshots of the ticket on Asus' website, screenshots of my correspondence with the Asus employee). Before I make my next and final move, I'll first see what the retailer's e-mail response contains.

I don't want to scare you, but you should always be prepared for the worst. Now, looking back on my own experience, I'd first make sure they would give me a refund or a new unit in case anything goes wrong, instead of being dragged around as I currently am. I'm sure your luck will never be as bad as mine, so try not to worry too much about it

Best regards,
    Marco
    Well, I have used 3 Asus laptops. The first one was the best laptop I have ever used and for this reason I have become an Asus user.

Second was DOA. Basically GL702VM didn't answer my requirements and backlight bleed, temperature etc...

Last one was G701VIK and there were too many irritating problems for a 3500€ laptop and 3rd RMA I got my credit note. I wasn't very lucky as well with that one but still want to give a chance to Asus with G703 if I find with a more reasonable price.

You have legal rights after 3rd attempt of RMA always. The odd situation is here that the retailer tried to fix it. Hope you will get your refund asap.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by PredatoR_TR View Post
    Well, I have used 3 Asus laptops. The first one was the best laptop I have ever used and for this reason I have become an Asus user.

Second was DOA. Basically GL702VM didn't answer my requirements and backlight bleed, temperature etc...

Last one was G701VIK and there were too many irritating problems for a 3500€ laptop and 3rd RMA I got my credit note. I wasn't very lucky as well with that one but still want to give a chance to Asus with G703 if I find with a more reasonable price.

You have legal rights after 3rd attempt of RMA always. The odd situation is here that the retailer tried to fix it. Hope you will get your refund asap.

I chose to buy an Asus laptop for the same reason - I still own my very first laptop, which is Asus N61VN. Eight years later, it's still working well, and the only problem I had with it was a dead HDD ten days after its warranty expired. Therefore I decided to go for another Asus laptop, this time a true gaming rig that would fulfill all my different needs, and I wasn't wrong. My G752VS worked perfectly for nearly two months, and I was so damn happy with my purchase, but then everything started getting out of control. As you said yourself, there are too many problems with it being a 2500-euro laptop in my case, and after this many attempted fixes it is only fitting that I get a refund or proper replacement. It is indeed odd that the retailer tried to fix it, despite the fact that I explicitly requested that the laptop be sent straight to Asus headquarters. One way or another, justice shall be served - should they refuse to comply in line with the law, I'll take the entire case to the court; but hopefully, it'll get sorted before it comes to that. I can't wait for their response tomorrow.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Spirery1 PC Specs
    Spirery1 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus iv/gen3
    Processori73770k
    Memory (part number)20gig 1600mhz
    Graphics Card #1gtx 1070 airboss x4
    Sound CardSoundBlaster Z
    Monitorsamsung Gsync 144 27inch/PG285Q swift
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 850 120GB
    Storage #2Toshiba 2TB
    CPU CoolerAIO Nepton 120XL
    CaseAsus CG 8480 Republic of Gamers tytan
    Power Supplycorsair 550
    Keyboard Logitech G410/G910
    Mouse Logitech G300
    Headset Creative Fatalty
    Mouse Pad Ichill Inno3D
    OS Win 8.1/10 Laptop
    Network RouterTP-Link AC1900 Dual Band Touch Screen
    Accessory #1 EVGA SC 17 4K GTX 1070
    Accessory #2 soundblaster omni/T6300
    Accessory #3 gladius mouse

Im in the same boat with my G752VY is on its 5th RMA never worked out the box still overheating everthing replaced twice apart from kb and base unit still not fixed now i have been told they are waiting on a 4th mobo as the 3rd didnt work second LCD and being told 91c is normal cpu temp from the repairer this has been a headache from the start phone calls emails retaler dont want to know they say send it back to asus and tbh asus hasn't been any better at helping spent 1,399 on this brick all its been good for the last 11 months just glad it has 2 years warrany waiting on a phone call next week as they booted it up staires hope they can sort out this bloody mess u think they would of replaced it after the 2rma but no even came back faulty and scratchs on the case the repairer has no idea what they are doing Vapor Chamber coolest on the market lol just a bloody toaster hope u get it sorted soon .
    Last edited by Spirery1; 07-22-2018 at 07:43 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Spirery1 View Post
    Im in the same boat with my G752VY is on its 5th RMA never worked out the box still overheating everthing replaced twice apart from kb and base unit still not fixed now i have been told they are waiting on a 4th mobo as the 3rd didnt work second LCD and being told 91c is normal cpu temp from the repairer this has been a headache from the start phone calls emails retaler dont want to know they say send it back to asus and tbh asus hasn't been any better at helping spent 1,399 on this brick all its been good for the last 11 months just glad it has 2 years warrany waiting on a phone call next week as they booted it up staires hope they can sort out this bloody mess u think they would of replaced it after the 2rma but no even came back faulty and scratchs on the case the repairer has no idea what they are doing Vapor Chamber coolest on the market lol just a bloody toaster hope u get it sorted soon .
    Yeah, quite a similar story on my end... the people that worked on fixing it are outright incompetent and negligent. Not only have they been unable to fix any of the problems, they also proved they can't even diagnose things properly, and on top of that they also scratched the surface of my lid (although it's almost invisible) and made a dent on the side. I don't know about you, but I'm definitely going to take serious measures regarding my case if I am once again denied my legal rights.

P.S. My CPU temps are even worse than yours, take a look.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos CPU - critical temps 2.png  

Moderator Array

Dear Thaladar:
    Good day, I am Alvez from ASUS HQ. After reading your story , I am so sorry to heard about this. Could you please pm me your serial number of laptop that I can consult with related service member to take care your case in English.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alvez@asus View Post
    Dear Thaladar:
    Good day, I am Alvez from ASUS HQ. After reading your story , I am so sorry to heard about this. Could you please pm me your serial number of laptop that I can consult with related service member to take care your case in English.
    Dear Alvez,

Thank You for taking interest in my case. I have sent You the information You requested.

Best regards,
    Marco

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Spirery1 PC Specs
    Spirery1 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus iv/gen3
    Processori73770k
    Memory (part number)20gig 1600mhz
    Graphics Card #1gtx 1070 airboss x4
    Sound CardSoundBlaster Z
    Monitorsamsung Gsync 144 27inch/PG285Q swift
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 850 120GB
    Storage #2Toshiba 2TB