cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751 RAM upgrade or addition

ReapZ
Level 7
Hello i currently have a g751jl however it only has 8GB of ram and im looking to either upgrade entirely or possibly just add some more to what i currently have.

As of now i have 4 slots 2 which are "user serviceable" and 2 which aren't by asus standards, however its fairly easy to service the 2 that aren't and as im not to worried about the warranty i can swap these if needed.

My question is since i currently have a single 8GB stick running single channel if i were to purchase another 8GB would i need to add the stick to the port behind the keyboard that's not in the user access panel to run it as dual channel or would adding it to the user service side do the same. basically I'm asking which slot is 1 2 & 3.

Also if it needs to be in the slot behind the keyboard for dual channel i am curious if it supports anything above 1600mhz. the place i checked lists the i7-4720hq as supporting 1333 & 1600 but I thought i had read somewhere that people had success with higher speeds.

This is my current memory however when looking up this part number im finding a bunch of listings on pc3 instead of pc3l. i know regular ddr3 doesn't run at 1.35 so would that mean all of this is actually ddr3l and just listed wrong? since i found one listing-https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA17P5HH5637&cm_re=M471B5173Qh0-Yk0-_-9SIA17P5HH5... saying its ddr3 but also saying 1.35v just want to be certain this would work with whats currently installed.
1 REPLY 1

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yes the two bottom slot is a dual channel and the two accessible slots are a dual channel, so you'll need to either add another 8GB to the bottom that matches the current one. Minimum match timings and voltages and 1.35V is correct for the G751. There uses to be a sticky that informed everyone upgrading that 1.35 V is required not really sure what ones will be best if you change all 4 i see GSkill mentioned a lot. Your manual will have all the tested and approved RAM sticks.
Hopefull someone that chaged all 4 will chime in on what they used and had success with.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro