cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Issue on new Asus H370-I Gaming Mobo

Devastator0
Level 7
Hi All,

Not sure if this is the correct board to post this in but I was wondering if I could get some help in regards to a problem I'm having. I recently put together a new media centre PC using an Asus H370-I Gaming mobo and I have it connected through to a Netgear GS108AU switch, which then is patched back to my Asus RT-AC68U. The issue I'm having with the PC is that when I'm moving files to and from my NAS (a Thecus N5550 which is connected through another Netgear GS108AU switch to my Asus router), file transfers seem to be capping out at about 12MB/s instead of the usual 100-115MB/s when I try to move files to and from my main gaming rig.

On the new rig, I have it connected to the network using the Intel NIC card and the machine has the latest available BIOS for the mobo and all of the latest drivers are installed. The Intel NIC diagnostics confirm that it's operating at full Duplex and does indeed have a 1000Mbps/1000Mbps connection to the network.

I'm confused. Please help

Cheers!
1 REPLY 1

Devastator0
Level 7
So as an update and resolution of this problem, it turns out that my Netgear switches don’t like being chained off each other. I reconfigured the patching so that the network switch on my TV unit goes directly back to my ASUS router as opposed to going via the other switch in my office and then into the router. All is working fine now & am transferring at full gigabit. This thread can be closed.