cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram issues x470 crosshair vii

liam885
Level 7
Hi guys, you’ve probably heard this a thousand times. I’ve searched and tried alot over the past 3 days and i can’t seem to get my ram up to 3200mhz. I’ve read multiple posts, tried the safe option on the ryzen dram calculator and all i get is the bootloop followed by memory failure.
My ram is 2x8gb GSkill Trident F4-3200C14D-16GTZRX. Im using the x470 crosshair VII and it’s overclocked to 4.2 via the ASUS ai suite. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. I’m also very new to this so lamen terms would be fantastic! Many thanks*
4 REPLIES 4

liam885
Level 7
Any ideas please?

mikochu
Level 7
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. With XMP/DOCP, it's a hit or miss whether my system will boot or wake from sleep.

Reading this thread, I have built same system with same issue.
Any help for fix, or link to another thread would be much appriciated

ace50321
Level 7
liam885 wrote:
Hi guys, you’ve probably heard this a thousand times. I’ve searched and tried alot over the past 3 days and i can’t seem to get my ram up to 3200mhz. I’ve read multiple posts, tried the safe option on the ryzen dram calculator and all i get is the bootloop followed by memory failure.
My ram is 2x8gb GSkill Trident F4-3200C14D-16GTZRX. Im using the x470 crosshair VII and it’s overclocked to 4.2 via the ASUS ai suite. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. I’m also very new to this so lamen terms would be fantastic! Many thanks*

OK I have about the same kit. F4-3200C16D_16GTZR. with 2 sticks in I was able to get 3466 Mhz. I installed 2 more and could only get 3000mhz. What I did was switched to manual timings and then bumped the voltage to 1.4 volts. I run my handbrake program and it's stable. if not the system would crash with this program. Also a side note that Asus is not saying that this will work with 4 dims only 2. so bump your voltage and life is great.