Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura Sync software doesn't detect memory

audial
Level 7
Motherboard: Maximus X Hero Wifi AC
RAM: 16GB TridentZ RGB 3000mhz

When I first started my machine Aura would see the motherboard, video card, memory, and led strip. I set the color of everything to a static color.

After a few reboots the memory is no longer shown in Aura, I can see the other components but the memory isn't there. All components are the static color I selected except the memory, the memory is doing the default rainbow.

I did check the memory SPD with Thaiphoon Burner and it shows the CRC check is ok for both memory sticks.

I just installed the latest version of Aura from Asus last night as the machine was just put together last night, it is pretty frustrating that this issue already started.

Any idea how to fix and prevent this?
3 REPLIES 3

audial
Level 7
Just in case anyone else comes across this.

Do not set any of your RAM settings manually in the BIOS. For whatever reason this is what causes the issue. When I first booted I saw my 3000mhz memory running at 2100 so I set the frequency from AUTO to 3000mhz. Machine worked great other then the RGB being invisible in ASUS Aura.

I went back and set the frequency to AUTO and instead set the overclock AI thing to XMP rather than AUTO. This changed the frequency settings back to the 3000mhz it was supposed to be AND let the RGB work.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Actually, AURA Sync works (according to the RAM) with the SPD of the RAM, to be able to use AURA Sync with your RAM you have to use the profiles of frequencies/timings listed in the SPD (JDEC or XMP), if you modify the frequency or timing or others and that you leave the frequencies/timings listed in the SPD profiles, you must activate the option "DRAM SPD Write" in the BIOS UEFI (AI Tweaker tab) so that AURA Sync can work :

Because by not activating the XMP in the first time, you let the motherboard choose between the JDEC frequency profiles of the RAM (the best JDEC frequency profiles of your RAM being the 2133), then you manually passed your RAM in 3000 (while remaining with the JDEC 2133 profile), and this is treated as a manual modification of the JDEC 2133 profile.

You did well to go back to XMP with the XMP-3000 profile, that way you do not have to activate this option, and you use a real XMP profile at 3000 and not a 2133 JDEC profile modified with the 3000 frequencies.

Please send picture
what you did in bios how did you set dram