cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead bulb in my PG279Q ???

eclypse
Level 7
Was downloading the newest Nvidia drivers to update my sons system and I was doing something on my rig while it was downloading.. turn around to check it and thought his monitor was in sleep mode. The LEDs were on as usual but black screen. after trying to get it to wake up and even rebooting it the worst fear became reality. After testing an old 1080P TV to his PC and have it working.. and holding a Flash light up to the asus PG279Q.. I could see the windows background and no doubt it has a dead bulb. 😞

Can one fix this as I've down such a thing many years ago to a notebook or 2 and a monitor..

Sucks is that I have a 2 year replacement warranty through Microcenter that just expired 3 months ago!

Is this something that Asus can repair and just charge me or is it possible that I can get bulbs for it and do it myself?? Is it even possible?

Certainly cant just go out and just drop $800 on a new screen.. Wife will say just give him the old 24" 144Hz screen which is ugly.. and not G-Sync.
1 REPLY 1

eclypse
Level 7
Just noticed this monitor has a 3 year warranty.. glad I didn't open it up yet. Guess I gota get ahold of asus and roll the dice.