cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL703GS windows install failed out of the box... Nothing works.

CaddieMan
Level 7
Turning on the NEW PC, the install of windows failed. I could not get it to recover properly. So I built a Windows 10 USB boot drive and did a fresh install of Windows. However, now nothing works. I read online that if I did a factory reboot that it would install the original Windows so I gave that a try. Still nothing works.

Right now the Trackpad doesn't work, RGB keyboard cant be changed, NONE of the FN + keys work...

Additionally I read that the eSupport file has everything I need but I tried it from a GL503VS and it doesnt work and Ive tried it from a GL703VD. Does anyone have the GL703GS folder to share or a fix for my problems. If its ASUS specific that app or toy doesnt work on my laptop at the moment

Please help, Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

Villani
Level 7
The simplest of questions; Did you install all the required drivers from Asus' website after fresh installing WIndows?
Though if the windows install failed right away out of the box you could file an RMA.

Villani wrote:
The simplest of questions; Did you install all the required drivers from Asus' website after fresh installing WIndows?
Though if the windows install failed right away out of the box you could file an RMA.
I did try the drivers. The touch pad driver just refuses to start or run, the hotkeys driver opens runs then the install window disapeers before finishing. The Aura core has to be installed via the MS store for some reason and one installed I click launch and nothing happens. It's so frustrating.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Installing drivers from ASUS website didn't work for me also. I had to create a .img file from the CD that came in the box on other machine (since the laptop doesn't have an optical device), move it over using USB, mount it and install the touchpad drivers.

Also think twice before install Sonic Studio 3. It will most likely cripple the your audio experience especially when watching movies - no loud enqualization. Install official realtek hd audio driver, from realtek website.

entr87 wrote:
Installing drivers from ASUS website didn't work for me also. I had to create a .img file from the CD that came in the box on other machine (since the laptop doesn't have an optical device), move it over using USB, mount it and install the touchpad drivers.

Also think twice before install Sonic Studio 3. It will most likely cripple the your audio experience especially when watching movies - no loud enqualization. Install official realtek hd audio driver, from realtek website.

Thanks! I ended up installing from Realtek before reading this post and it worked.

The touchpad and shortcut keys were still broken, I had to uninstall everything through Device Manager boot into safe mode and install the drivers in order to get them to work.

As of right now everything is working as advertised, even though the ASUS Rep told me the keyboard RGB would NOT work on a fresh install of windows. All I needed was the Aura Lighting Service driver THEN the AURA CORE from the MS store.

I tell you what, I would not wish this process on any new person looking to buy a new PC.