Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by prevostmario View Post
    Hi,

You mean Game center 2.5.5 , don't think asus has newer version 2.5.6. that you talk.
    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Gam...267.1532790200

here is 2.5.9 which gives me less features than 2.5.6

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Gam...267.1532790200
    Last edited by vacs; 08-04-2018 at 11:24 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Asus released a new set of drivers for this notebook but nothing changed, bios options are still locked (no C1E toggle to disable coil whine), the fans are still too noisy (they don't go lower than 1900rpm)

another thing,the ROG Aura Core is only avaible on the MS store which I don't have (deleted with destroy windows spying) and I don't want to make a MS account so is there a way to get the app sideloaded? I have the older 1.0.4 version but as ROG gaming center needs the Aura Core to work and Intel XTU need ROG gaming center to works I would like to update the Aura Core also and see if it help to lower the fans via Gaming centre

btw this MS store **** is the stupidest thing I've ever seen...If you want to control the keyboard light and undervolt your cpu you need a "core" which shouldn't even be connecting the keyboard and cpu but ok, there is surely a reason why they employ monkeys to make our life difficult

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by jurosora View Post
    I recently bought an ASUS Strix Laptop (GL503ge Hero Edition), after a few days of use I started to hear the noise "coil whistle", I can say that it is the same problem as you describe, The laptop produces the sound when the load exceeds 2.6 ghz and while it is connected to the charger. I have been looking at forums and many customers have the same problem.
    I was looking at forums and many customers have the same problem.
    The solution is to disable the Turbo Boost from the power configuration - changing the use to 99%. I have not installed the programs that you use, I updated all the drivers and installed the BIOS version to 308 (this BIOS version does not exist on the official Asus website, it was updates from Windows update) and the problem persists. I can not believe it, this should not be, we are buying a limited product in performance.

ASUS should receive these criticisms and tell us if it is a manufacturing problem.

I've been trying to reach their tech support for 2 weeks, all i got is standard BS about how Asus strives to provide great products. Never answered is this was a typical issue for the whole Strix series. I got my second gl703 unit and it also has the same issue! But im definitely returning it, pretty sure its the way they are built, you cant fix it with software updats.. and even if you could, limiting a fairly expensive piece of hardware is not exactly what you would expect from a device with that price tag...

ROG Member Array

I found the constant fan on my GL703GM was caused by the Asus Lighting Service (what makes the colours on the keyboard). Disable this service and see if it makes a difference as my fans are often off until needed

This worked whilst using throttlestop and having the Speed Shift setting at 128 with undervolt of -0.125v (no other settings touched). YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by vacs View Post
    got my 3rd gl503ge and the same problems are present so I kept it and decided to fix the above issues but there are some other things that bug me like

1. the fan speed which won't go bellow 1900 rpm no matter what i do, I tried limiting the max procesor state to 99% and even 40% just to see will the rpm drop but nothing, it's always between 1900 and 2000 in low load

I updated the bios to 308, I change the generic thermal paste to grizzly conductonaut since I had to disassembly it to upgrade the ram, undervolted my cpu with intel xtu by -150mV and set the fan speed via fn+f5 to silent and my temps are 43 celzius on idle and 71 on full load, I also tried to set the fan speed lower than 1900 rpm with msi afterburner but nothing happens

2. a) intel xtu doesn't work without rog gaming center
    2. b) only gaming center 2.5.6 shows fan speed and a standard and extreme profile which are fully the same, newer versions don't

3. rog aura core is available only from ms store, like why? why would you put a simple app to control only the keyboard lightning there? luckily I foung a download link for the 1.0.4 version on some website

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by meddylad View Post
    I found the constant fan on my GL703GM was caused by the Asus Lighting Service (what makes the colours on the keyboard). Disable this service and see if it makes a difference as my fans are often off until needed

This worked whilst using throttlestop and having the Speed Shift setting at 128 with undervolt of -0.125v (no other settings touched). YMMV
    tnx for the advice, unfortunately I don't have the Asus Lighting Service installed, just the Asus Aura Core Service. I'll try removing it later today.

edit: tried and it didn't help
    Last edited by vacs; 10-02-2018 at 02:19 PM.

New ROGer Array

So did anyone find final solution to this issue?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Which issue? This one has covered many of them?

New ROGer Array

the max clock issue ,
    My CPU is always STATIC on MAX , before disabling "Processor Performance Boost Mode" it was 3600s STATIC , after disabling it is 2186 MHz STATIC

RAM is also static at 2654 MHz

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ahrnes View Post
    the max clock issue ,
    My CPU is always STATIC on MAX , before disabling "Processor Performance Boost Mode" it was 3600s STATIC , after disabling it is 2186 MHz STATIC

RAM is also static at 2654 MHz
    I just changed windows power mode from high performance to balanced

ROG Member Array

Brand new GL503GE here, same problem with coil whine. C1E hacks helps, but it essentialy kills idle powersaving on the laptop. I don't like that. Coffee Lake was supposed to be good at powersaving.

Also I have a new bit of information: My colleague bought GL503VD (Kaby Lake i7, gtx1050) few months back and he's not reporting any sounds at all. So there is either something wrong with Coffee Lake (and/or gtx1050ti) implementation on this motherboard, or it's a random issue. That gives me some hope.

I'm also bummed the same way Vacs was about the extention RAM slot. The extension deck was the single thing that got me to buy this laptop instead of similarly priced MSI laptop with a slightly better specs. I also bought some upgrades right away to take advantage of it.

Aaanyway. It's going for it's first RMA tomorrow here in Czech Republic. Guy on the hotline was super cool, Asus has pickup service here, so fingers crossed.
    Last edited by FarleyCZ; 11-07-2018 at 09:22 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast