Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    ROG Enthusiast Array

If I understand disabling C1E will let the processor run at full CPU frequency all the time ? This would mean the rocket sounding fans will be always on ? If that is the case disabling C1E is not solution for me as the fans are already too eager to spin up to audible settings. Gladly I bought from Amazon and could get rid of this notebook. I noticed the coil whine immediately. GL704GM

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by fixxi.net View Post
    GL704GM
    Wow. They haven't fixed it on GL?04 line either? Unbelievable.

New ROGer Array

Red face How to fix Coil Whine annoying sound of Asus Gaming laptop

I UPLOADED A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE FOR EVERYONE WHO HAD THIS PROBLEM
    ITS A LIFETIME FIX IF YOU DONT CHANGE OR RESET YOUR WINDOWS
    AND YOU DONT NEED TO OPEN THROTTLE STOP AFTER EVERY RESTART, IT DOESNT SHOWS ON TASKBAR TOO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKjw-uShTlo&t=143s

HOPE ONEDAY ASUS CARE
    Last edited by david_grad88; 08-05-2019 at 03:19 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by ssc134 View Post
    After a week of digging about the weird scratching sound coming from my GL503GE found out it was coil whine. The laptop's a month old. And I can't return it to on Amazon either. That sound gets on my nerves. Can't work in a silent room without a pair of headphones. Very bad design by Asus. Didn't expect this on an ROG.
    Haha, welcome to Asus. I hear this from my old TUF FX504GD and yet more silent but still hear coils from ASUS ROG G531GU. Why we buy Asus?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBoyTommy View Post
    Haha, welcome to Asus. I hear this from my old TUF FX504GD and yet more silent but still hear coils from ASUS ROG G531GU. Why we buy Asus?
    You will be surprised that most gaming laptops have coil whine. Not just Asus.

New ROGer Array

My laptop is Asus Rog GL704GV and it has coil whine. I managed to get rid of it. So my solution is when I am on balanced mode /switched by armory crate/ to go to windows power options = high performance = change plan settings = change advanced power settings = processor power management = minimum processor state /change to less than 100%/ I put 50 %. Now there is no coil whine. Same operation to the other silent mode, turbo mode etc....

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8