cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL503GE ROG BIos C1E

KaLinRaMe
Level 7
I am finding a way to disable C1E without using throttle stop, but without any avail i cant find any.
Is there someone who can help me with my problem. I just want to disable it to remove my COIL WHINE.
6 REPLIES 6

vacs
Level 7
use intel xtu to undervolt your cpu and reduce throttling

but I returned my GL503GE because of this, I hope the new one won't have it

btw look at my thread, do you have the same problems? I still hope mine was just a bad unit

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?103230-Asus-ROG-Strix-GL503GE-SCAR-wrong-ram-slot-scratchy...

i think the coil whine started when i used xtu to undervolt my cpu.
but when I used throttle stop and disabled c1e. The coil whine was 99.8 gone.

My coil whine is present since the first boot and without any tweaks or cpu load...you have the same i7 8750H cpu?

Can you please check your cpu clocks in aida64? In aida64 go to computer -> overclock and see what the clock speed is while idle and then run the stress test in aida and see what the clock speed is then

As i mentioned in my thread on my notebook something isn't right, the idle clock is cca 4GHz instead of 2.2GHz and the full load clock is 2.2GHz

And did windows update your bios to 306?

Yep im using i7 8750h and 1050ti
in the rog my clock speeds goes 1700 to 3800

jocok
Level 7
can someone upload me the eSupport folder with all files from C:\Windows please?

vacs
Level 7
what are you looking for in that folder? (i'm asking as I never saw it anywhere)