cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG GL553VD BSOD (Video_TDR_Failure)

MarchelTheo
Level 7
I have a problem with my laptop after i update my windows and my nvidia,
the problem is when "I open any software using nvidia like photoshop, illustrator and android studio", I have the blue screen appearing again.
Anyone can solve this problem?

Nvdia GTX 1050 4GB: Driver Verison 398.11

Thankyou
6 REPLIES 6

driver
Level 7
Install both VGA drivers (for nvidia and intel gpu) from asus site (the best thing to do is installing every driver they provide), there is also an update regarding meltdown and spectre issues: https://www.asus.com/News/q5R9EixxfAqo1anZ?_ga=2.124978954.1629862356.1529845751-764149638.152430540... Try setting nvidia gpu as default for this programs in nvidia control panel. Remeber that only drivers from asus site are working properly with their notebooks. I hope it helps

louisms96
Level 7
MarchelTheo wrote:
I have a problem with my laptop after i update my windows and my nvidia,
the problem is when "I open any software using nvidia like photoshop, illustrator and android studio", I have the blue screen appearing again.
Anyone can solve this problem?

Nvdia GTX 1050 4GB: Driver Verison 398.11

Thankyou

Its also happened to me, my laptop cannot survive for 6 minutes after the photoshop is opened.

SupremeMaster
Level 7
Reinstalling the drivers should do fine. Try ddu and uninstall both intel and nvidia drivers. Also try new intel modern drivers and the latest nvidia drivers. I am using the same motherboard and gpu with my fx553vd and i also get that issue sometimes. But i am not getting it for couple of weeks now.

Hi there
What did you do with this problem at last?*

I have same problem too and i did any things that i could but blue screen is here yet

elbiancho
Level 7
Found the solution. No more BSOD nor crashes in Photoshop and Maya
Power options - Advanced settings - PCI Express - Link State Power Management - set to OFF in both plugged in and on battery.
Any driver version (currently updating through NVIDIA Geforce Experience