cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Aura and LiveDash Issues

spadizzle
Level 7
These two pieces of software do not play nice together. Lighting_Control_1.06.29 and LiveDash1.01.09. I installed both and restarted, tried launching Aura and the app crashes on launch. I try to launch LiveDash and it opens just fine and I try to set "Large Temp". Nothing happens, so I reboot once more.

Launch Livedash and set, "Large Temp". It works perfectly this time. Try to launch Aura, still fails to launch. So I uninstall Aura and then reinstall on next reboot.
Aura still won't launch and now Livedash is now failing to launch, not even getting a crash message, just nothing. I am pretty sure these two are sharing some of the same files and are conflicting with one another, any feed back would be appreciated.

Also note: This would be the first time installing any ASUS software on this fresh installation of Win10 64bit

EDIT: I uninstalled both pieces of software and only installed AURA and now AURA launches and runs properly by itself. LiveDash and AURA don't play nice together, need a fix please. 🙂
13 REPLIES 13

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

1.06.29 version of AURA Sync instead of making improvements it brings bugs ... Rollback to 1.06.17 more stable (stable ... we'll say it's the least worst now) : http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/AISuite/Lighting_Control_1.06.17.zip

spadizzle
Level 7
Lighting_Control_1.06.29 hasn't given me any issues besides the issue with LiveDash. I am able to cycle through all the options. Thanks for the reply.

spadizzle wrote:
Lighting_Control_1.06.29 hasn't given me any issues besides the issue with LiveDash. I am able to cycle through all the options. Thanks for the reply.

Here are the known issues so far for 1.06.29 version :

- Issue : Impossible to save the settings "PC off" with 1.06.29 version (the settings are reset each time that the settings are saved)
- Fix : Rollback to 1.06.17 version

- Issue : Optimization problem that generates a high CPU load when color effects are enabled
- Workaround : Use only Static color effects

But if AURA is OK for you, so much the better.

MoKiChU wrote:
Here are the known issues so far for 1.06.29 version :

But if AURA is OK for you, so much the better.

High cpu usage of lightingservice when i use some of the effects is my main issue of my aura. I used color cycle or static and it works fine

spadizzle
Level 7
Yea you were right. Soon as I rebooted the software was forgetting settings and itg stopped detecting my RAM. So I will be using the lower version. Asus needs to pull that version off there download section.

spadizzle
Level 7
When you say high CPU usage, what numbers are you stating? I am now monitoring that and its staying steady between 1.7-2.1% I would expect maybe some cpu usage because it monitoring to match the sound output since I have it set to (normal)music mode. For the normal modes its just a repeat thing so load into memory and let it go? Just curious.

spadizzle wrote:
When you say high CPU usage, what numbers are you stating? I am now monitoring that and its staying steady between 1.7-2.1% I would expect maybe some cpu usage because it monitoring to match the sound output since I have it set to (normal)music mode. For the normal modes its just a repeat thing so load into memory and let it go? Just curious.

I attached an screenshot of every aura effects and its cpu usage. As you notice all of the effects are hogging cpu usage EXCEPT the "Color cycle" (Static and Breathing) which I didn't include in my screenshot. And once that cpu usage of "lightingservice" played around 25-30% the aura light will stuck or freeze and the aura software crashed.

If you mean the cpu usage of "AURA 32bit", I have no problem with that because it played 0-0.5% or 0.7% or point something. My main concern is "Lightingservice.exe".

I am holding pretty much at 1.8-2%. I looked and noticed like Starry night look like to be your hardest hitter. I also noticed you and MoKiChU are both Intel systems. I'm using AMD, don't know if that is playing a part.

One thing I noticed is that your running at 70% Mem usage. All that memory compression might be affecting the performance of Lightingservice? Just tossing ideas out their. I was always told a good rule of thumb is that you should be below 50% memory with normal usage and only spike over when doing your thing.

spadizzle wrote:
I am holding pretty much at 1.8-2%. I looked and noticed like Starry night look like to be your hardest hitter. I also noticed you and MoKiChU are both Intel systems. I'm using AMD, don't know if that is playing a part.

One thing I noticed is that your running at 70% Mem usage. All that memory compression might be affecting the performance of Lightingservice? Just tossing ideas out their. I was always told a good rule of thumb is that you should be below 50% memory with normal usage and only spike over when doing your thing.

Im using 8gb of ram (2x4gb team t-force delta 2 2666mhz) and that using high memory usage was come from "google chrome and bluestacks" because I used to play and browsing at the same time. And I noticed that if Im doing multi-task like opening a lot of application the lightingservice cpu usage has also increasing, is it normal or there's something wrong?

BTW, how many GB your ram?