Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    ROG Enthusiast Array spadizzle PC Specs
    spadizzle PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VI and Zenith Extreme
    ProcessorRyzen 1700x and Threadripper 1950x
    Memory (part number)G-Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX 1080
    Graphics Card #2Asus GTX 1080
    Sound Cardbuilt-in
    MonitorROG PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 NVMe
    Storage #2Samsung 950 pro SSD
    CPU CoolerH115i
    CaseCorsair AIR 540
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard G910
    Mouse G903
    Mouse Pad Powerplay
    OS Win10 pro 64bit
    Network RouterNetgear
    spadizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    54

    Question ASUS Aura and LiveDash Issues

    These two pieces of software do not play nice together. Lighting_Control_1.06.29 and LiveDash1.01.09. I installed both and restarted, tried launching Aura and the app crashes on launch. I try to launch LiveDash and it opens just fine and I try to set "Large Temp". Nothing happens, so I reboot once more.

    Launch Livedash and set, "Large Temp". It works perfectly this time. Try to launch Aura, still fails to launch. So I uninstall Aura and then reinstall on next reboot.
    Aura still won't launch and now Livedash is now failing to launch, not even getting a crash message, just nothing. I am pretty sure these two are sharing some of the same files and are conflicting with one another, any feed back would be appreciated.

    Also note: This would be the first time installing any ASUS software on this fresh installation of Win10 64bit


    EDIT: I uninstalled both pieces of software and only installed AURA and now AURA launches and runs properly by itself. LiveDash and AURA don't play nice together, need a fix please.
    Last edited by spadizzle; 06-21-2018 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Follow up

  2. #2
    ROG Enthusiast Array spadizzle PC Specs
    spadizzle PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VI and Zenith Extreme
    ProcessorRyzen 1700x and Threadripper 1950x
    Memory (part number)G-Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX 1080
    Graphics Card #2Asus GTX 1080
    Sound Cardbuilt-in
    MonitorROG PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 NVMe
    Storage #2Samsung 950 pro SSD
    CPU CoolerH115i
    CaseCorsair AIR 540
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard G910
    Mouse G903
    Mouse Pad Powerplay
    OS Win10 pro 64bit
    Network RouterNetgear
    spadizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    54

    Lighting_Control_1.06.29 hasn't given me any issues besides the issue with LiveDash. I am able to cycle through all the options. Thanks for the reply.

  3. #3
    ROG Enthusiast Array spadizzle PC Specs
    spadizzle PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VI and Zenith Extreme
    ProcessorRyzen 1700x and Threadripper 1950x
    Memory (part number)G-Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX 1080
    Graphics Card #2Asus GTX 1080
    Sound Cardbuilt-in
    MonitorROG PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 NVMe
    Storage #2Samsung 950 pro SSD
    CPU CoolerH115i
    CaseCorsair AIR 540
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard G910
    Mouse G903
    Mouse Pad Powerplay
    OS Win10 pro 64bit
    Network RouterNetgear
    spadizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    54

    Yea you were right. Soon as I rebooted the software was forgetting settings and itg stopped detecting my RAM. So I will be using the lower version. Asus needs to pull that version off there download section.

  4. #4
    ROG Member Array crispinrosete PC Specs
    crispinrosete PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus X Hero Wifi-AC
    ProcessorIntel Core i3-8100 3.60GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z 3600mhz RGB (16gb)
    Graphics Card #1Rog Strix Geforce GTX 1060 Advance Edition 6gb
    MonitorAsus VC239H
    Storage #1M.2 WD Green 240gb
    Storage #2Seagate 1TB Barracuda
    CPU CoolerBykski AIO 240
    CaseAerocool Quartz
    Power SupplySeasonic M12II-620 EVO 80+ Full Modular
    Keyboard Redragon Aryaman
    Mouse Redragon Dagger
    Headset Badwolf
    Mouse Pad G-Force Extended Mousepad
    Headset/Speakers Creative
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterPLDT Fibr
    crispinrosete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    20

    Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Here are the known issues so far for 1.06.29 version :





    But if AURA is OK for you, so much the better.
    High cpu usage of lightingservice when i use some of the effects is my main issue of my aura. I used color cycle or static and it works fine

  5. #5
    ROG Enthusiast Array spadizzle PC Specs
    spadizzle PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VI and Zenith Extreme
    ProcessorRyzen 1700x and Threadripper 1950x
    Memory (part number)G-Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX 1080
    Graphics Card #2Asus GTX 1080
    Sound Cardbuilt-in
    MonitorROG PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 NVMe
    Storage #2Samsung 950 pro SSD
    CPU CoolerH115i
    CaseCorsair AIR 540
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard G910
    Mouse G903
    Mouse Pad Powerplay
    OS Win10 pro 64bit
    Network RouterNetgear
    spadizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    54

    When you say high CPU usage, what numbers are you stating? I am now monitoring that and its staying steady between 1.7-2.1% I would expect maybe some cpu usage because it monitoring to match the sound output since I have it set to (normal)music mode. For the normal modes its just a repeat thing so load into memory and let it go? Just curious.

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array crispinrosete PC Specs
    crispinrosete PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus X Hero Wifi-AC
    ProcessorIntel Core i3-8100 3.60GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z 3600mhz RGB (16gb)
    Graphics Card #1Rog Strix Geforce GTX 1060 Advance Edition 6gb
    MonitorAsus VC239H
    Storage #1M.2 WD Green 240gb
    Storage #2Seagate 1TB Barracuda
    CPU CoolerBykski AIO 240
    CaseAerocool Quartz
    Power SupplySeasonic M12II-620 EVO 80+ Full Modular
    Keyboard Redragon Aryaman
    Mouse Redragon Dagger
    Headset Badwolf
    Mouse Pad G-Force Extended Mousepad
    Headset/Speakers Creative
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterPLDT Fibr
    crispinrosete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    20

    Quote Originally Posted by spadizzle View Post
    When you say high CPU usage, what numbers are you stating? I am now monitoring that and its staying steady between 1.7-2.1% I would expect maybe some cpu usage because it monitoring to match the sound output since I have it set to (normal)music mode. For the normal modes its just a repeat thing so load into memory and let it go? Just curious.
    I attached an screenshot of every aura effects and its cpu usage. As you notice all of the effects are hogging cpu usage EXCEPT the "Color cycle" (Static and Breathing) which I didn't include in my screenshot. And once that cpu usage of "lightingservice" played around 25-30% the aura light will stuck or freeze and the aura software crashed.

    If you mean the cpu usage of "AURA 32bit", I have no problem with that because it played 0-0.5% or 0.7% or point something. My main concern is "Lightingservice.exe".
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos cpu.png  

    cpu-1.png  

    cpu-2.png  

    cpu-3.png  

    cpu-4.png  

    cpu-5.png  

    cpu-6.png  

    cpu-7.png  

    cpu-8.png  

    Last edited by crispinrosete; 06-22-2018 at 07:53 AM.

  7. #7
    ROG Enthusiast Array spadizzle PC Specs
    spadizzle PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VI and Zenith Extreme
    ProcessorRyzen 1700x and Threadripper 1950x
    Memory (part number)G-Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX 1080
    Graphics Card #2Asus GTX 1080
    Sound Cardbuilt-in
    MonitorROG PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 NVMe
    Storage #2Samsung 950 pro SSD
    CPU CoolerH115i
    CaseCorsair AIR 540
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard G910
    Mouse G903
    Mouse Pad Powerplay
    OS Win10 pro 64bit
    Network RouterNetgear
    spadizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    54

    Arrow

    I am holding pretty much at 1.8-2%. I looked and noticed like Starry night look like to be your hardest hitter. I also noticed you and MoKiChU are both Intel systems. I'm using AMD, don't know if that is playing a part.

    One thing I noticed is that your running at 70% Mem usage. All that memory compression might be affecting the performance of Lightingservice? Just tossing ideas out their. I was always told a good rule of thumb is that you should be below 50% memory with normal usage and only spike over when doing your thing.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-06-22 (1).png 
Views:	0 
Size:	430.8 KB 
ID:	74393Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-06-22 (2).png 
Views:	1 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	74394

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-06-22 (3).png 
Views:	0 
Size:	436.1 KB 
ID:	74395Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-06-22.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	74396
    Last edited by spadizzle; 06-22-2018 at 09:03 PM. Reason: pictures

  8. #8
    ROG Member Array crispinrosete PC Specs
    crispinrosete PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus X Hero Wifi-AC
    ProcessorIntel Core i3-8100 3.60GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z 3600mhz RGB (16gb)
    Graphics Card #1Rog Strix Geforce GTX 1060 Advance Edition 6gb
    MonitorAsus VC239H
    Storage #1M.2 WD Green 240gb
    Storage #2Seagate 1TB Barracuda
    CPU CoolerBykski AIO 240
    CaseAerocool Quartz
    Power SupplySeasonic M12II-620 EVO 80+ Full Modular
    Keyboard Redragon Aryaman
    Mouse Redragon Dagger
    Headset Badwolf
    Mouse Pad G-Force Extended Mousepad
    Headset/Speakers Creative
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterPLDT Fibr
    crispinrosete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    20

    Quote Originally Posted by spadizzle View Post
    I am holding pretty much at 1.8-2%. I looked and noticed like Starry night look like to be your hardest hitter. I also noticed you and MoKiChU are both Intel systems. I'm using AMD, don't know if that is playing a part.

    One thing I noticed is that your running at 70% Mem usage. All that memory compression might be affecting the performance of Lightingservice? Just tossing ideas out their. I was always told a good rule of thumb is that you should be below 50% memory with normal usage and only spike over when doing your thing.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-06-22 (1).png 
Views:	0 
Size:	430.8 KB 
ID:	74393Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-06-22 (2).png 
Views:	1 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	74394

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-06-22 (3).png 
Views:	0 
Size:	436.1 KB 
ID:	74395Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-06-22.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	74396
    Im using 8gb of ram (2x4gb team t-force delta 2 2666mhz) and that using high memory usage was come from "google chrome and bluestacks" because I used to play and browsing at the same time. And I noticed that if Im doing multi-task like opening a lot of application the lightingservice cpu usage has also increasing, is it normal or there's something wrong?

    BTW, how many GB your ram?
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos chrome-bluestacks.png  

    Last edited by crispinrosete; 06-23-2018 at 02:53 AM.

  9. #9
    ROG Enthusiast Array spadizzle PC Specs
    spadizzle PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VI and Zenith Extreme
    ProcessorRyzen 1700x and Threadripper 1950x
    Memory (part number)G-Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX 1080
    Graphics Card #2Asus GTX 1080
    Sound Cardbuilt-in
    MonitorROG PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 NVMe
    Storage #2Samsung 950 pro SSD
    CPU CoolerH115i
    CaseCorsair AIR 540
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard G910
    Mouse G903
    Mouse Pad Powerplay
    OS Win10 pro 64bit
    Network RouterNetgear
    spadizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    54

    Quote Originally Posted by crispinrosete View Post
    Im using 8gb of ram (2x4gb team t-force delta 2 2666mhz) and that using high memory usage was come from "google chrome and bluestacks" because I used to play and browsing at the same time.

    BTW, how many GB your ram?
    Zenith Extreme 4x8. I would at least run 16 GB memory, you will notice a world of difference coming from 8. 32 GB is nice also, its more than what I need but it isn't much a speed difference the 16GB either.

    Not saying this would alleviate the AURA issue, but it would certainly help you out over everything else.

  10. #10
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Kronvict PC Specs
    Kronvict PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GT72 2QD Dominator
    MotherboardASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 2700X
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR4
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 FE
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster ZxR
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 500GB
    Storage #2WD Black 4TB
    CPU CoolerAsus ROG RYUO
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos II Ultra Tower
    Power SupplyCougar CMX 1000W
    Keyboard Corsair Vengence K70
    Mouse ASUS ROG GX1000
    Headset Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair Aluminum
    Headset/Speakers Corsair SP2500
    OS Windows 10 Pro X64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC87U
    Kronvict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Reputation
    14
    Posts
    223

    Quote Originally Posted by spadizzle View Post
    These two pieces of software do not play nice together. Lighting_Control_1.06.29 and LiveDash1.01.09. I installed both and restarted, tried launching Aura and the app crashes on launch. I try to launch LiveDash and it opens just fine and I try to set "Large Temp". Nothing happens, so I reboot once more.

    Launch Livedash and set, "Large Temp". It works perfectly this time. Try to launch Aura, still fails to launch. So I uninstall Aura and then reinstall on next reboot.
    Aura still won't launch and now Livedash is now failing to launch, not even getting a crash message, just nothing. I am pretty sure these two are sharing some of the same files and are conflicting with one another, any feed back would be appreciated.

    Also note: This would be the first time installing any ASUS software on this fresh installation of Win10 64bit


    EDIT: I uninstalled both pieces of software and only installed AURA and now AURA launches and runs properly by itself. LiveDash and AURA don't play nice together, need a fix please.
    I am experiencing the same issues with both software installed. Has this been resolved yet?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •