cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS Screen Replacement..

Darnassus
Status Under Review
So the left hinge of my G752VS is getting pretty bad, I gently took the bezel off at the corner and found out that a nut has broken off, held in by plastic no less.. ;f

Anyone have experience getting their screen changed? How did your notebook come back?
3 REPLIES 3

Spirery1
Level 7
first time it came back after lcd replaced bottom was all lose evertime u shut the lid it opened second time pinching the bottom left corner has a small bleed had to losen a small bit after all the problems i have had i wouldnt trust then to fix a toaster tbh it should of gone back for a 5th rma even scratching the bottom sorted overheat by undervolting read so many storys on the net about bad rma's never thought i would be one of them and asus doesnt care one bit .

Spirery1 wrote:
first time it came back after lcd replaced bottom was all lose evertime u shut the lid it opened second time pinching the bottom left corner has a small bleed had to losen a small bit after all the problems i have had i wouldnt trust then to fix a toaster tbh it should of gone back for a 5th rma even scratching the bottom sorted overheat by undervolting read so many storys on the net about bad rma's never thought i would be one of them and asus doesnt care one bit .
:mad: you really have bad luck with this notebook have you enlisted any help from the CL- people, cl-albert was successful in helping me get my G75 through its 2nd RMA, but then his office is just down the street from the repair center in California you might have a CL Rep for your area too they do have some stroke in the repair centers sometimes. cl-albert could hook you up it there is one in your area? 5 RMA is just crazy
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Spirery1
Level 7
no there isnt only one as im in the uk CL-albert cant help only give advice which he has been doing going to do a video tonight to show it thermal throttling on extreme i have a gaming laptop that cant overclock one of the reasons i got it ie the 6820hk my first gaming laptop this is one of the reasons i stayed away from them read about the vapor chamber said it was one of the coolest on the market and i liked i could overclock with just one touch like my asus tytan upgraded her to the max still going strong 5yrs i7 3700k with 1070 so dispointed will send in another rma and see what happens

PS
Undervolted laptop all is good temps on extreme down too 76c better then 98-99c undervolted to -0.135v did go lower but became unstable fans on 100% but seems better Time will tell