cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum X Hero - USB Keyboard issues!

och1
Level 7
Just upgraded from Maximus VIII Hero with 6700K to the new Maximum X Hero with 8086K CPU. The rest of the components are the same.

During the boot process, I get "keyboard not detected" message, so I can't get into Bios. Mouse is not being detected either. Once Windows 10 boots up everything functions normally.

I have a powered USB3 hub plugged into one of the Intel USB3 ports in the back of the PC. All of my accessories including keyboard, mouse, sound card, camera, and game controllers are plugged into the hub. Everything was functioning normally with the old Maxumus VIII Hero.

I tried plugging the hub into the Asmedia USB3 port in the back of the PC, still the same issue. At that point I plugged the keyboard directly into the USB2 port in the back of the PC (the one that says Keybot) and still BIOS will not detect keyboard

I found the only way the bios will see my keybard is if my powered hub is unplugged completely, and keyboard connected directly to USB port. This is super annoying!
2 REPLIES 2

och1
Level 7
Update - plugging the hub into Asmedia port actually works fine, and keyboard is detected on bootup. However if another powered hub is connected to one of the intel ports are the same time, then keyboard does not detect on the hub plugged into Asmedia port.

och1
Level 7
Trying to see if anyone else had similar problem.