New ROGer Array

ASUS PG27UQ Fan noise. Any solution?

I bought the PG27UQ a few months ago. And I still couldn't get used to the fan noise at all. I have a perfectly silent water cooled PC with 6 fans, that can't be heard at all. The monitor is freaking loud compared to the PC.
    Are there any solutions in this regard? Has anyone tried to exchange the fan with another more silent one?
    Any help that would reduce the fan noise of the PG27UQ is very welcome as I don't want to deal with that noise any longer.

ROG Enthusiast Array cars10 PC Specs
    cars10 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Formula 7
    Processor4790k
    Memory (part number)corsair dom. plat. 2113mhz 16gb
    Graphics Card #1980 TI Strix OC
    Graphics Card #2980 TI Strix OC
    Sound Cardrog xonar phoebus
    CPU Coolercorsair h100i
    Power Supplybequiet 1.2kW DPP7
    OS 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaTT View Post
    I bought the PG27UQ a few months ago. And I still couldn't get used to the fan noise at all. I have a perfectly silent water cooled PC with 6 fans, that can't be heard at all. The monitor is freaking loud compared to the PC.
    Are there any solutions in this regard? Has anyone tried to exchange the fan with another more silent one?
    Any help that would reduce the fan noise of the PG27UQ is very welcome as I don't want to deal with that noise any longer.
    send it bock, or mod it yourself.

it is absolutely ridiculous

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Psycrow's Avatar

Its a new sound to get use to..like a pair of new shoes that dosent fit 100 % because you need to walk in them and make em ur dayli usual shoes
    Ect in my room i often hear the heater or the watch goes tic tac, but when you sit and play games with music and sound, then you dont hear the fan.
    Its best just to get use to it.

New ROGer Array Phrancky PC Specs
    Phrancky PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus Formula XI
    Processori9 9900k
    Memory (part number)Corsair 64G ddr4 4000
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti OC
    Graphics Card #2RTX 2070
    MonitorPG27UQ / PG2279Q
    Storage #12 x 1tb 970 EVO
    Storage #26 x 1 tb 860
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken
    CaseFractal Design R6 Tempered Glass Gunmetal
    Power Supply1000
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
    Mouse Logitech G500
    Headset Audeze Mobius / Steelseries Artic pro DAC
    OS W10
    Network RouterROG Raptor GT-5300

Why the fan is always ON is my question.. When i switch monitor off, the fan keeps running ? WHY

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Phrancky View Post
    Why the fan is always ON is my question.. When i switch monitor off, the fan keeps running ? WHY
    Mine is also doing the same thing, i disconnected all the cables and still as long as the power cable is connected the fan is running. I'm wondering if this is a normal behavior with the monitor. I have an open RMA regarding the fan because of it not turning off and I've noticed it getting louder over time. Are you also experiencing this? I'm hesitant to ship out the monitor to them for support to send it back saying nothing is wrong.

New ROGer Array Phrancky PC Specs
    Phrancky PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus Formula XI
    Processori9 9900k
    Memory (part number)Corsair 64G ddr4 4000
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti OC
    Graphics Card #2RTX 2070
    MonitorPG27UQ / PG2279Q
    Storage #12 x 1tb 970 EVO
    Storage #26 x 1 tb 860
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken
    CaseFractal Design R6 Tempered Glass Gunmetal
    Power Supply1000
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
    Mouse Logitech G500
    Headset Audeze Mobius / Steelseries Artic pro DAC
    OS W10
    Network RouterROG Raptor GT-5300

Quote Originally Posted by cyrax2768 View Post
    Mine is also doing the same thing, i disconnected all the cables and still as long as the power cable is connected the fan is running. I'm wondering if this is a normal behavior with the monitor. I have an open RMA regarding the fan because of it not turning off and I've noticed it getting louder over time. Are you also experiencing this? I'm hesitant to ship out the monitor to them for support to send it back saying nothing is wrong.

It is getting louder because it is alway s on collecting dust. I have no clue why it is and for a 2500€ monitor it is pretty strange. Or we just don't get it and can't find the off switchv People laugh when they see me disconnecting cable... WTF and that is a 2500€ monitor haha

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

If your fan is annoying you then its most likely busted. Mine used to be dead silent and started making 80decibels of noise. It was crazy. I had to send it for repair. They fixed the fan problem but they broke other stuff and the monitor developed other faults. I sent it vack again. Fighting for a refund atm. I suggest you do the same. They fixed this problem in PG35VQ and PG27UQX.