cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS FX553VE and NVME Support Verification?

praveen44
Level 7
I could physically check that motherboard has a M2 slot. But none of the specifications mention if this is M2 SATA or M2 PCIe. Any pointers on how to check this?3
4 REPLIES 4

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, we don't sell the FX553VE in the U.S., so I'm not as comfortable discussing it and probably a good idea if you could get more confirmation from your store, local ASUS support, or others, but the global website specs mention it supports PCIE Gen3X4 (M.2) SSDs and my information indicates they should be NVME M.2 SSDs if you want to look into it more.

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-FX553VE/specifications/

Also, not sure if you could run into any warranty issues or not in your local region if you try this, so something you may want to check into too, but if you can return the hardware back to the original factory condition before you send it back for repair, it may be okay if you want to check.

Anyway, hope this is able to help some. Thanks.

cl-Albert wrote:
Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, we don't sell the FX553VE in the U.S., so I'm not as comfortable discussing it and probably a good idea if you could get more confirmation from your store, local ASUS support, or others, but the global website specs mention it supports PCIE Gen3X4 (M.2) SSDs and my information indicates they should be NVME M.2 SSDs if you want to look into it more.

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-FX553VE/specifications/

Also, not sure if you could run into any warranty issues or not in your local region if you try this, so something you may want to check into too, but if you can return the hardware back to the original factory condition before you send it back for repair, it may be okay if you want to check.

Anyway, hope this is able to help some. Thanks.

Thank you so much. Looks like the specifications page has been updated after I posted my query. 🙂 The storage only mentioned 1TB 7200RPM SSH earlier. The page now mentions PCIe as well.

Very sorry to bump this old thread. I am getthing ASUS FX553VE very soon.

I have 2 questions.

1. Since this laptop comes with M.2 SSD slot, can anyone please suggest which one to buy? I mean there are different types of M.2 So which one ?
2. Can i install SSD myself and clone win on SSD or do i have to get it done via Service centre? Just to make sure the 2 years warranty is not scrapped.

Thanks in Advance 🙂

pillainp
Level 7
The Samsung 970 Evo and the Western Digital Black are both pretty good M.2 SSD's. Just make sure you get the PCIe variant and not the SATA variant (if there is one).

The Samsung 970 Pro is probably the best out there, but expensive.

You can do the installation yourself if you are confident, but Service Centre may be a good option if you are not.

I upgraded to my 960 Evo and Firecuda 2TB by myself, and cloned my OS to the 960 Evo myself.