cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 1080ti STRIX LED Problem

Chris5
Level 7
Good evening! I have the following problem and I would like you to help me solve it! I have ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING and the leds of card doesn't work except the one pair at the right (up & down). I used AURA to change,sync but the problem still the same .In some cases working the two pair of leds (Center & Right) when i change colour for AURA but the the left one is PERMANTELY DISABLE and in many cases (changing HUE) the colours are not the same or not working none of the leds!!!Also update the AURA,unistall and install again but still nothing!!!! Please help me fix it. it is a pity! I give you snapshots to understand what I mean!Thank you in advanced!!!

5 REPLIES 5

Alex_Borschev
Level 7
Chris@DJZZ wrote:
Good evening! I have the following problem and I would like you to help me solve it! I have ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING and the leds of card doesn't work except the one pair at the right (up & down). I used AURA to change,sync but the problem still the same .In some cases working the two pair of leds (Center & Right) when i change colour for AURA but the the left one is PERMANTELY DISABLE and in many cases (changing HUE) the colours are not the same or not working none of the leds!!!Also update the AURA,unistall and install again but still nothing!!!! Please help me fix it. it is a pity! I give you snapshots to understand what I mean!Thank you in advanced!!!

Hi, Chris.
First of all, sorry for my English.

If the video card is more then one year old and almost all time you had one color on LEDs, then I have a bad news for you.
I have ROG-STRIX-GTX1070 and resently I have spent 4 days in attempts to correct this problem. I found out that Asus used bad materials for lighting.

First of all tubes like this ( http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/Sideglow.htm ) which are used for spreading of light along the entire length of the video card (from below) changed into milky color due to the heat, so the only way to fix this issue is replacement of the tubes.
( Thread about issue with tubes https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?99996-Strange-issue-with-1070-Strix-RGB-LEDs/page3# )

The second issue "the colors are not the same or not working none of the LEDs" which I'm almost sure relates only to one color, caused by cheap LEDs.
My card was bought in Ukraine local store which is closed now, lately, I found out that I can only get Asus service in the US, so I desided to take it apar by myself. I found that if you use a single color for a long time , the crystals burn out on the LEDs, in my case the blue color, which leads to incorrect display of many colors and the absence of one of the main (blue red or green) and again the only way to fix this issue is replacement.

Chris, if you haveanywhere near Asus service center just go there and ask them to change tube and leds for you.

Alex_Borschev
Level 7
Thanks, but it won't help me, because when I set "PC components" there was only 1 center in my country and of course it's not in my city. Plus Ukrainian Asus support said that my card was bought on Amazon and I have to contact them :confused:

Chris5
Level 7
hallo Alex Borschev and thank you for the answer...The graphics card was purchased in February 2017, but because it's a card problem it should logically be replaced. I sent an email to ASUS and told me to go to the store that I got for some repair or replacement !!!Τhe issue is if repair the card and doing same again into the future?????

Chris@DJZZ wrote:
hallo Alex Borschev and thank you for the answer...The graphics card was purchased in February 2017, but because it's a card problem it should logically be replaced. I sent an email to ASUS and told me to go to the store that I got for some repair or replacement !!!Τhe issue is if repair the card and doing same again into the future?????

I think yes , because of the poor quality of the parts you will have to carry out such repairs once a year.
Could you please make me a litle favour , if you will have such aportunetie ask what kind of LEDs are installed under ROG logo, because I can't find any information.
LEDs are 3mm in length and 1mm in width and there are no designations on them.

HDCLWN
Level 7
Checkout this long thread about the same issue with a 1070 card. The last post from me is how I fixed it for $5 and 5 min of time with a new light tube from eBay. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?99996-Strange-issue-with-1070-Strix-RGB-LEDs&p=739568&post...