cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RGBs are NOT the right color!

MrAyski
Level 7
So I have an asus Strix X370-f Gaming motherboard, I also have RGB light strips that are connected the the header on the motherboard, The pin definition for both the strips and the motherboard is +GRB, But for some reason my LED strips aren't the right color?!, The arrow is connected to the 12v slot on the motherboard(the LED's won't light up any other way.) but for some silly reason, they're different colors, please help!
10 REPLIES 10

stewart_1
Level 8
Sounds like you've encountered an odd situation there. To help resolve it could you please give us some more info about the LED strips you are using. Are they addressable (3-pin) or non-addressable (4-pin). Other things to check include the Aura software - make sure its up to date (version 1.06 and up). Finally... when you say the colors are different, do you mean radically so? Or a minor hue apart? For a general problem checking guide, you could also take a look a look here (pdf)
https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/upload/download/20180223060220_m1.pdf

stewart@asus wrote:
Sounds like you've encountered an odd situation there. To help resolve it could you please give us some more info about the LED strips you are using. Are they addressable (3-pin) or non-addressable (4-pin). Other things to check include the Aura software - make sure its up to date (version 1.06 and up). Finally... when you say the colors are different, do you mean radically so? Or a minor hue apart? For a general problem checking guide, you could also take a look a look here (pdf)
https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/upload/download/20180223060220_m1.pdf

So ive tried everything that applies, and nothing worked...the strips are silverstone ls02(model No. SST-LS02) and they are 4pin non- addressable...the colors are not completely off, nor are they slightly off, and they say on the box "asus aura compatible" 74448

Raja
Level 13
There should be a calibration option in the Aura software, would try that.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
There should be a calibration option in the Aura software, would try that.

I've tried that many times, and it doesn't seem to work...

spadizzle
Level 7
What AURA software version are you running? Lighting_Control_1.06.17? If not, please install that version from the download/AURA link. ASUS now has optional versions that we can download, woot woot! TY ASUS!

If you do have that version installed, maybe uninstalling/reboot and reinstall/reboot might help?

I have version 1.6.29 and i had to uninstall, reinstall and restart from the old one (pretty sure it was the same version) and still nothing happens

spadizzle wrote:
What AURA software version are you running? Lighting_Control_1.06.17? If not, please install that version from the download/AURA link. ASUS now has optional versions that we can download, woot woot! TY ASUS!

If you do have that version installed, maybe uninstalling/reboot and reinstall/reboot might help?

I have version 1.6.29 and i had to uninstall, reinstall and restart from the old one (pretty sure it was the same version) and still nothing happens

spadizzle
Level 7
install the 17 one. Select 1.06.17 @ https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/download.html

That didnt seem to work either