cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL702V bad hard drive

Heebus
Level 7
Hio all, I bought this strix GL702V Laptop @ xmas and loved it from the start, I thought it gets a little warm, but its a laptop. Yetserday I got home from work and there was a windows 10 update, it took 2 hours to update and when it booted back up, I got " Port 2 HGST ( serial #) S>M>A>R>T status Bad, Backup and Replace, press F1 to resume", when I hit F1 it goes into Bios settings, and no matter what I do it wont boot into windows 10. I never had a single issue before, fast boots, gaming or anything to indicate the hard drive was dying, can it really go that quick?... Its not a year old so I believe Manufacturures warranty would cover it, but cost to send back, and time with out it, I think I may do it myself. How hard is this, and where do I get my drivers to get windows back up n running smoothly, without a DVD drive I'd have to make a usb boot up for windows 10, is this dificut?... thanx in advance
And the wicked shall inherit the earth...
2 REPLIES 2

link626
Level 7
yes, hard drive failure is like a lottery.
It's rare, but even newer drives can fail.

Replacing it is easy.
simply a swap out swap in procedure.

Download windows 10 iso to a usb drive, and use it to install windows on the new hard drive.

Heebus
Level 7
Thank you for confirming, and yes I believe its a lottery, and finally one I won, lol... Asus has always been good to me, wouldnt buy anything else, just had the same issue with my gaming PC not 2 months ago....
And the wicked shall inherit the earth...