cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Install Windows 10 on an ASUS ROG RAIDR SSD (120gb or 240gb) - Tutorial

CompHQ
Level 7
Hi ROG forum,
My company acquired all the remaining ASUS RAIDR 240GB SSDs from Asus directly earlier this year and as we've been selling them we did experience a large amount of customers saying they wanted to return the SSDs because they would not work with windows 10. ASUS's website does not state it supports windows 10 and i believe this is the case because windows 10 just was not released yet at the time this SSD was released for sale.

That being said, it has been proven that these RAIDR SSDs do work fine with windows 10 as long as they are set up correctly and this post is to walk you step by step on how to do this.

Here is a video I put together with the step by step instructions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmnBmIU2TMQ

Here are the written instructions (sorry some of the formatting changed from MS Word to forum post)

ASUS RAIDR Express Windows 10 Installation Tutorial
• Motherboard Bios Changes
o In motherboard BIOS set CSM to enabled
o In motherboard BIOS set Secure Boot to option “Other OS”
o Exit and save
• Turn computer off, move switch on back of RAIDR to “DUOmode”
• Insert Windows 10 installation USB stick into motherboard (.ISO file available from Microsoft official website)
• Turn computer on and let the computer boot into the windows 10 installation screens
• Follow installation screens – enter your windows key, choose “Custom” not upgrade, and when you get to the screen that shows your drives, select the RAIDR drive and click “New” to partition the drive. *IMPORTANT* do not select the drive and then click next right away, you must click “New” !
• Once the drive is partitioned from clicking “new” you can select the largest partition of the RAIDR drive and click next.
• When the installation completes 100% and windows is asking what language you want, you can now restart the computer and enter BIOS.
• In Bios you can change CSM to disabled and Secure boot to “Windows UEFI Mode”, save and exit.
• Turn the computer off, move the switch on the back of the RAIDR to UEFI mode, a little LED light will light up.
• Turn the computer on, follow the windows set up screens.
• You are done!
1 REPLY 1

JustinThyme
Level 13
Are you sure you got all of them? Stilll a lot of retailers selling them, New Egg for instance.
A lot of SSDs have peculiar installation steps.
Hope this works for those who experience issues.
Sometthing to keep in mind is not all MOBOs support a PCIe boot and X2 is horrendously slow.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein