cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Gaming Center Fan Boost problem

KnowNothing
Level 7
Okay so lets straight to the point. My laptop is ASUS ROG GL553VD with Windows 10 version 1803
The problem occurs last week when i notice the fan is not as loud as usual when playing fortnite, and when i check the Gaming Center, the GPU TEMP goes to 70-80 degree. I used to set the fan boost speed manually using the gaming center to prevent loud noise after playing game. But now the fan is not automatically detected any high-processing game, that makes the GPU hotter than usual. Any suggestion for this? Ive tried to reinstall the gaming center but its not working. Is it bcs the Windows 10 latest version (ver. 1803)?*

Also i already put the fan boost back to 0% where it should be back to auto, but its not work anymore. *

UPDATE 28 JUNE 2018 : i just flashed my BIOS from BIOS 303 to BIOS 306 and everything working well. Gonna report another 7 days, Stay tune.
2 REPLIES 2

ellisy
Level 7
I've done a fresh install of windows on my GM501GS and having a similar issue. Gaming Centre works, but I have no control of the fan overboost function, its stuck on Balanced.

ellisy wrote:
I've done a fresh install of windows on my GM501GS and having a similar issue. Gaming Centre works, but I have no control of the fan overboost function, its stuck on Balanced.

Okay so its been 2 weeks since i made the thread and i feel there is improvement with my laptop, but not as normal as before. I noticed that when play fortnite, the GPU goes to 83-87 celsius and GPU Memory stuck in 3504mHz. The problem is when i play Fortnite in squad mode (which is a lot of player) the FPS could be dropped to 30 (even 20 FPS when fighting). This is not normal bcs before the problem happens, the fps dropping not until 30 (Still 50 or 60). i'm still curious abt what happened. Is it bcs the thermal paste? or the Operating System? or other things?