cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G751 battery stuck at 0%. Every 10-15 mins shuts down - found a FIX (kind of)

z3ro-88
Level 7
Hey guys, i need ur help.
Befor I start,I know there a few threads with battery issues. But my is a little different.

My battery is stuck at 0%. It won't charge up even if it says "charging". Every 10-15 mins my notebook shuts down, without any warning.
When I reboot, all windows are still open (maybe energysaving mode).
It wont start without plugged of AC.

What I tried:
1. Plugged off AC and press power for 1 min. (not worked)

2. Go to device manager -> battery -> and deinstall all komponents
after the restart they installed themself (not worked)

3. what has worked (kind of)
device manager -> battery -> deactivate Windows ACPI....

since I did option 3 the battery isn't in my taskbar anymore. My Notebook doesn't shut down.
BUT the video card is not working anymore (Code 43).

When I activate the battery again and restart windows the nvidia video card workes again.
=> so if u activate the battery and restart, the videocard workes... and if u deactivate the battery afterwards, everything is nice (battery off - video card on)
but its kid of annoying doing that all the time.

Do u guys have any idea what I can do? I don't mind if the AC must be plugged in everytime. I just need the video card working.

Sorry for my bad english 🙂

Thanks
28 REPLIES 28

Sanctrum
Level 9
Buy new battery.

Sanctrum wrote:
Buy new battery.

if it would be that easy... its not replaceable

z3ro-88@live.de wrote:
if it would be that easy... its not replaceable

Its really not to bad of a job... Just make sure you have a clean work area, keep all of your hardware organized, work slowly & take pictures as you go.

You can do it! 

Weirdoutworld wrote:
Its really not to bad of a job... Just make sure you have a clean work area, keep all of your hardware organized, work slowly & take pictures as you go.

You can do it! 

That motivation 😄

ok, didn't know it is possible.
But where I get a good battery. I life in germany. When I google, there is just made in china batterys. All comments say "dont buy these". 😕

Found 2 but they didn't look OEM. And they have less mAh then the original one.
Are one of these ok? Thank you guys for helping me 😕

http://www.all-batteries.de/laptop-akku/asus/g751/series-iml91904.html?utm_source=GoogleProductSearc...

https://www.replacedirect.de/product/p0702501/laptop-akku.html?subid=101031&prrel=14300990

Sanctrum
Level 9
Really? Asus ROG G751 battery replacement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i96gD_AcAe0

Sanctrum
Level 9
Ask Asus support maybe?
But I have talked with a friend who worked as Asus service center for 10 years... And there is a general problem with Asus policy for spare parts... It's probably NOT possible to buy new original battery from Asus without the replacement service - so they are forcing you to pay more and wait longer time without laptop. And this sevices quality... imposes high risk of reciving back something spolit more than expected and with long wating time... + ping-pong of sending back your unit again and again! VERY NICE POLICY ASUS! Pffffff...
So friend just suggested to (if you are out of warranty):
1. remove defective battery from the laptop... completely. Just disconnect it - maybe this will workaround your workaround with ACPI.
2. buy new battery from china... even if it's little bit worse... BTW, original battery is also made in China, as everything else.

z3ro-88
Level 7
yeah... i asked them and they gave me 2 sites... on both the battery was sold out. Well thanks Asus... nice support.

Do you think it will acutally work without any battery in? Cuz it looks like a lot oft work to tear down all parts. Would be frustating if I put the battery out and build it up again and it wont work 😄
If I deactivate the Windows ACPI the VideoCard isn't working. Would be nice if it works without any battery.

Sanctrum
Level 9
It will work without battery almost 100% sure... if your PSU nor laptop power jack are not damaged.
Se here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A05yPyJ8e0 - listen carefully to his story...

To replace the battery you do not need to teardown your laptop... I think you will even not have to remove the screen, just tilt the screen 90 deg. to the keyboard surface... and maybe the 2 tiny battery screws will ba accesible (but not sure and might be wrong).
Personally I was cleaning my g751jy laptop by removing the keyboard (or unscrewing it and just lifting without diconnecting the ribbons). Everyone should do this from time to time. To remove the keyboard it is max. 10 minutes job.

z3ro-88
Level 7
thank you again 🙂
but i just read that asus uses the battery and AC at the same time when you do gaming and high power usage stuff.
Are one of the battery good that I posted earlier?
I think both have lower mAh (5200) and Wh (78) than the originall one.