cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ryzen 7 1800x build problems Please Help

dj5436
Level 7
To start i here is a full list of my components. Ryzen 7 1800x, Asus Crosshair vi Extreme, GSkills TridentZ 4 x 8gb 32gb total 2400mhz this is qlv certified, Asus GTX 1070ti OC , corsair hx1000i, and a Samsung 860evo 500gb with a clean install of windows 10. My problems all started with a ram issue were all sticks were being found in the bios but only the half that is in the A slot would go to the total system memory. talked to Asus and ended up doing an rma on the motherboad. mother board came back no faults. after this i got a second 32gb ram kit that was still qvl certified. the problem was still there for about 36hrs at that point i gave up and had other things to do came back about 12hrs later and the ram problem solved itself. But now i am getting very low fps even getting fps dips just in windows. in fur mark i average about 15fps or lower (normally lower). i was able to test with a friends computer that is not on ryzen and my gpu works gust fine in his system. i also tested my power supply and ssd on his system and it all worked fine. As far as i could tell the only thing left was the cpu so i sent a rma request to amd they replaced my processor (they just replace it and do not do any testing). just got the new on and installed it in my system, and i am still getting extremely low fps. any one have any ideas on what could be going on i have tried different bois versions and driver versions currently on latest for both.
2 REPLIES 2

Retired
Not applicable
How many watts does your power supply have? Manufacturer?

hi dj5436,
Don't know if this will help but I found out that the top gfx slot on the Asus crosshair hero vi (yes, I know it's different), has issues with the M.2 slot. I run 2 970s in SLI and with gfx output from the top card I get Nvidia errors of "No Nvidia GFX components installed" or sumsuch. Hope this is relevant.
Mark.