cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zephyrus M - Fresh Windows Install - Bootable USB Not Found?

reefcoin_io
Level 7
Hello,

I have a Zephyrus M - I just installed a new SSD M.2 Drive and I am trying to install fresh windows on it but it won't recognize my bootable USB drive. What do I do? I have tried on 2 different drives. The first drive is USB 3.0 128GB and the 2nd is USB 3.0 32GB. I made the bootable USB using Windows Tool as well as RUFUS. I am using the official Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
7 REPLIES 7

Clintlgm
Level 14
Try using a USB 2.0 Thumb drive 8 GB and Let MCT created the Install media. Back up your eSupport folder, you're going to need it. All you drivers and Asus software in located in that folder some that you can't download anywhere else.
with your USB Install media inserted press the on button and start spamming the Esc key that will bring up a boot menu from which you will select UEFI USB. not the USB.

In your BIOS you should have in the SATA section drives set to AHCI unless you have an NVME option available, CSM turned off.

There are issues reported trying to use USB 3.0 Thumb drives for install media

After the install completes install your hardware drivers from your eSupport folder that you have saved. Once your up running stable then you can upgrade drivers if available on Asus Support Downloads

Be sure to create a Drive Image before you do anything, that why you'll a quick easy way back should things go not as expected I recommend Macrium Reflect Free Ensure you create a complete drive/SSD Image
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

also make sure you have a usb mouse

egonzalez7579
Level 7
make sure you are using, https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10, to create the flash drive, also notice that yumi uefi works https://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/

if you trying to use, a costume ISO, you can, after you use the Windows 10 creator, delete all files except 2 boot file on the root

bmw99950
Level 9
reefcoin.io wrote:
Hello,

I have a Zephyrus M - I just installed a new SSD M.2 Drive and I am trying to install fresh windows on it but it won't recognize my bootable USB drive. What do I do? I have tried on 2 different drives. The first drive is USB 3.0 128GB and the 2nd is USB 3.0 32GB. I made the bootable USB using Windows Tool as well as RUFUS. I am using the official Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

1.Impale USB of windows
2.press Power button on
3.press F2 hold until menu present

4.Select USB of windows and Enter

I use USB 16 GB for Make up Windows 10 ISO , It ' s Ok

In this case ,the best way is to create one for your Windows computer.
https://www.iseepassword.com/how-to-make-bootable-usb-drive.html

Hi, I only have 3.0 USBs , no 2.0 😞
Creating a boot device with Rufus and a "customized" windows LTSC image results in the device not booting
I tried fastboot off and secure boot off with no avail.

Any help?

Note: the created boot USB works fine in another desktop computer.

Thankx in advance.

SOLVED!: The Windows image I was using was a "BIOS" one but the laptop has only UEFI support. Downloaded a "windows UEFI" image, created the boot device with Rufus and everything went fine.

arquillos wrote:
Hi, I only have 3.0 USBs , no 2.0 😞
Creating a boot device with Rufus and a "customized" windows LTSC image results in the device not booting
I tried fastboot off and secure boot off with no avail.

Any help?

Note: the created boot USB works fine in another desktop computer.

Thankx in advance.

SOLVED!: The Windows image I was using was a "BIOS" one but the laptop has only UEFI support. Downloaded a "windows UEFI" image, created the boot device with Rufus and everything went fine.

The best and easiest way is to use Media Creation Tool and all it to create your Bootable install medias, them when you go to boot spam the Esc key and then select UEFI USB works every time with out changing anything in your BIOS/UEFI
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro