Storage #2BARRACUDA PRO (8TB) ST8000DM005
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR Hydro Series™ H150i PRO RGB 360mm
    CaseLian Li PC 011 WXC
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Platinum SSR-1300PD
    Keyboard Corsair Gaming K70 RGB
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Studio® R1800TIII
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Uninstall Aura and re install the previous version of Aura, May be.
    Last edited by cekeu; 11-05-2018 at 07:55 PM.

New ROGer Array

Try this:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-recovery-tool

If you have nothing to loose, give it a try.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by DanSP View Post
    Try this:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-recovery-tool

If you have nothing to loose, give it a try.
    So far every person posting in the thread is X470 Crosshair/Prime mobo, that link is for X370 Crosshair.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

ROG Member Array

Uninstall Aura and re install the previous version of Aura, May be.
    I don't have Aura installed, and never have had. I have no interest in lights.....which is why I turned them off in the BIOS.

All I want to do is access the BIOS. Now I can't since the mobo goes into this 30 minute lockout while it is apparently attempting to update the LED firmware. After 30 minutes, Win10 boots and I am never given a chance to hit the delete key in order to access the BIOS.

Perhaps if I watch the monitor like a hawk near the 30 minute mark, there will be some brief moment that the delete key access to the BIOS would be available before the OS boots.....but the timing of that single key stroke will be difficult to pull off.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by sgmfish View Post
    I don't have Aura installed, and never have had. I have no interest in lights.....which is why I turned them off in the BIOS.

All I want to do is access the BIOS. Now I can't since the mobo goes into this 30 minute lockout while it is apparently attempting to update the LED firmware. After 30 minutes, Win10 boots and I am never given a chance to hit the delete key in order to access the BIOS.

Perhaps if I watch the monitor like a hawk near the 30 minute mark, there will be some brief moment that the delete key access to the BIOS would be available before the OS boots.....but the timing of that single key stroke will be difficult to pull off.
    Found this thread cause I'm seeing the same led bios update issue.

You could try to disconnect your mouse and keyboard to get it to go to the bios. At least that worked for me once time after I had cleared the CMOS. Unfortunately, when I went into the bios and disabled the leds, it did not solve the problem. Working on uninstalling aura app/drivers/services from windows to see if that resolves the issue.
    Last edited by deadpoold; 11-13-2018 at 12:14 AM. Reason: spelling

New ROGer Array

Working now

Just an update as my PC appears to be working again.

Only thing I can recall doing is uninstalling the aura drivers, rebooting (still had the led firmware updating message). Once I got into windows, I reinstalled the latest aura drivers available on the asus site for the zenith board and when it wanted a reboot, I let it reboot the machine...and it appeared to work (no led bio update message, no 1 hr wait time)

No idea if this helps anyone, YMMV

ROG Member Array

My 45 minute delay to boot due to LED firmware update is finally gone. Whew....it's been a couple of months and it's a nasty problem to live with (especially if you need to go into the BIOS....you need to wait staring at the screen for that 10 second window when you can hit the delete key before windows boots up).

I'm not sure how I solved it. I did all manner of things. My last attempt was extensive.....I was determined to fix it somehow. The most valuable advise to me from above was to reboot without a keyboard or mouse. The did allow me to get into the BIOS without the 45 minute wait; however, there was no way to interact with the system unless I plugged the keyboard back in just at the right moment . It would take several tries of doing a system reset, then plugging in the keyboard exactly at the right moment to give me a keyboard with which I could hit the delete key to get to the BIOS and interact with it.

Here's at least some of what I did; however, I don't know which step fixed it. I updated the BIOS to the latest version (v4204 11/30/18). This alone did not fix it. At some point the BIOS decided that I had to reenter all my modified BIOS settings. I did this, but it screwed up my boot priorities. The system booted up my test system on another hard drive instead of my main system drive. In the process of trying to fix that, W10 went into system recovery (I think for the test system). Somehow screwing around with that, and then re-ordering my boot priorities in the BIOS, fixed it.

If I had to guess , I'd guess this LED problem can be fixed by refreshing one's "System Reserved" or "Recovery" partitions.

P.S. Note I don't use Aura and never have. It's not installed and never was.
    Last edited by sgmfish; 12-13-2018 at 07:59 PM.

ROG Member Array

It's baaaaaaack.........

After 2 or 3 days of no boot delays, the "LED firmware update" 45 minute delay is back.

All I can think of is that there is a ASUS task somewhere that is checking for firmware updates. Perhaps after my repair, this firware update code was downloaded to my system again and scheduled to be applied at the next boot up.

This problem is making this mobo practically unusable.

ROG Junior Member Array

I'm having exactly the same issue on the C7H. Latest BIOS (1103).

Weird enough the problem started when my Seasonic 1000w platinum died (after 6 years of abuse) and I replaced it with an even older NZXT 700w I had. Not sure if it has anything to do with this problem but coincidences are worth noting.

First time it happened (about 2 days ago), PC went to sleep, a few hours later, when I tried to resume it to continue working, PC would NOT wake up from sleep. So, I forced a restart. Immediately after, the message "BIOS IS UPDATING LED FIRMWARE" appeared for the 1st time.

Identically to OP, I waited around 45 min, and then it finally booted into Windows 10 (x64). Once it boots, everything works fine. Programs, games, benchmarks, even the AURA software works perfectly... (!?)

Another thing worth noting is that, now, every time this message appears when trying to boot, I just completely POWER OFF the PSU. I wait 1 or 2 minutes so energy completely dispels. After that, I power the PSU back ON, and the PC refuses to POWER ON again for a few minutes (even with the motherboard power on button), then after a few minutes more it powers ON again by it self, like magic. When it does, it tells me that memory settings have been reseted due to failure to boot, I enter bios, keep all my "overclocked" settings (that are still there BTW) and I just Save and Quit, without changing anything and the PC boots normally.
    Last edited by Lunatic!; 01-04-2019 at 01:46 AM.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic! View Post
    I'm having exactly the same issue on the C7H. Latest BIOS (1103).

Weird enough the problem started when my Seasonic 1000w platinum died (after 6 years of abuse) and I replaced it with an even older NZXT 700w I had. Not sure if it has anything to do with this problem but coincidences are worth noting.

First time it happened (about 2 days ago), PC went to sleep, a few hours later, when I tried to resume it to continue working, PC would NOT wake up from sleep. So, I forced a restart. Immediately after, the message "BIOS IS UPDATING LED FIRMWARE" appeared for the 1st time.

Identically to OP, I waited around 45 min, and then it finally booted into Windows 10 (x64). Once it boots, everything works fine. Programs, games, benchmarks, even the AURA software works perfectly... (!?)

Another thing worth noting is that, now, every time this message appears when trying to boot, I just completely POWER OFF the PSU. I wait 1 or 2 minutes so energy completely dispels. After that, I power the PSU back ON, and the PC refuses to POWER ON again for a few minutes (even with the motherboard power on button), then after a few minutes more it powers ON again by it self, like magic. When it does, it tells me that memory settings have been reseted due to failure to boot, I enter bios, keep all my "overclocked" settings (that are still there BTW) and I just Save and Quit, without changing anything and the PC boots normally.
    I'm waiting on a Seasonic Prime Ultra 1000w Titanium to arrive and replace this old and crappy NZXT 700w that is currently saving me (probably next Monday/Tuesday). I'll report back if the problem disappears once I change the PSU again. (Which would be really weird if it did)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast