cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura Sync & Trident Z RGB question

DVS
Level 7
Hi all,

Just built a new system Tuesday. Strix Z370-i with Trident Z RGB.

The Ram lights largely do what I'd expect them to; except when the system goes to sleep.

The under glow lights and my AIO lights turn off, the LEDs on the RAM stay on though. I've only played with the smart temperature settings so far.

Is this expected behavior? I'd like to use the smart settings; but I'd also like a light free room when the computer is sleeping.

Thanks!
==================================================================================
I should probably update this more often ...
6 REPLIES 6

DJ_LFD
Level 8
In AURA, you have a setting for Sync at Shutdown... here you can modify the behavior of the AURA Shutdown LED's.

I have an ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, and they're basically the same, but look for a dropdown box on the "Color" section of AURA's Cycle Selection. If you "color by areas", you can select the RGB headers and most likely the RAM to Sync at Shutdown, but for some reason they have to be set in the "Sync All" Section of AURA First :S

[NOTE:] i have no RAM LED's but i do have a Cooler Master MA620P Twin Tower HSF with RGB LED, and i set it to "Breathe", and while i have "Rainbow" on the Rear IO Panel, the Cooler Master CPU HeatSinkFan still Breathes. just my experience, also it's a good idea to use the dropdown and configure the RGB headers to your preference in some of the Featured Presets ;). i believe the HSF breathes, while the Rear IO Panel is rainbow, because i used the "Color By Areas" in the Color Section dropdown, and modified the behavior in Sync All, first.

DVS
Level 7
I'll double check that. Sync @ shutdown is set to off for everything I thought; but I'll check the drop down once I get home.

Thanks
==================================================================================
I should probably update this more often ...

I am looking at AURA now, and if you're having trouble with the OFF setting in Sync @ Shutdown:
1: goto Sync All, Select Static, and use the dropdown to "Color By Areas"
2: adjust any LED's that are still glowing during shutdown, and adjust the Saturation to 0, which will leavbe them black... (This will have to be a work-around if AURA isn't Responding to OFF Setting)
3: goto Sync @ Shutdown and select a preset, Apply, and Reapply OFF.
4: Go back to Sync All and choose your desired Preset and Configuration for ON State.
5:???
6:Profit!

5 & 6 are a joke from South Park, Good Luck with your issue!

Abaidor
Level 9
Just tried this and not working when computer goes to sleep for my RAM.

I have 4X 16GB DIMMS of Trident Z RGB and their LEDs do not turn off when computer goes to "Sleep".

When Shutdown it works and was working anyway but since I rarely use shutdown the LEDs stay always ON.

This is annoying but honestly I am tired with Asus Software so I just ignore it for now and for my next 2 PCs for the kids I will surely look into other options than Asus as well.
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

F0x135
Level 8
I've got x4 trident z rgb's in my z370-f; they've been fine since day 1. The only problem really is when is sometime swhen i change the bios settings the Strix 'tick' RGB would remain on. It could be the same for your RAM slots but it never happened to me for 7 months now.

Try updating your bios as a new one just came out the last couple of days. Also go into bios and toggle the LED states under 'advanced' tab to off / on between reboots. Check your ErP settings as well.

Further explained in thbis video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKVWP0_vfko

Abaidor
Level 9
@DJ LFD

I tried this workaround and it is not working

@F0135

I have the Rampage VI Extreme and it has 8 DRAM Slots. It seems that the first to DIMMS are not detected properly right now since they do not appear on the "By Areas" color settings. I will have to play with the ErP settings on the BIOS (ON/OFF) to get them detected back.

In any case this is not what I expected for a Flagship motherboard and a top of the line RGB LED system. What is worse is that Asus does not do anything to improve it since there has not been an update to Aura software for some time. I really wonder how they do their testing. Working with one of the most popular brand for RGB ram (Trident Z RGB) should be something expected. But it is not.
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |