cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram frequency issue

Joshua_arin
Level 7
Hello there, using rog strix b350 f motherboard, with Ryzen 5 1600...i am using gskill ripjaws v 3200 MHz ram...but can't reach the 3200 MHz speed...after enabling D.O.C.P. profile i am able to gain only 3000 MHz, increasing the ram voltage to 1.29 volt...is it okay ??? or i am damaging my ram ??? please let me know...currently using latest bios...and not overclocking the CPU, however please let me know or show me any process or provide me any link how can i use my CPU and ram more efficiently and gain the maximum performance...or show me a proper way how i should use my CPU and ram for proper work load and gaming performance...using strix RX 560 as my GPU...thanks in advance...sorry for the bad English...

Please note that I am using single Chanel 8 GB ram..
3 REPLIES 3

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I would be surprised if 3200 took less than 1.35v which would be the standard voltage for that speed and completely safe. The 1.2v rating is for 2133. Does DOCP not set 1.35v?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
I would be surprised if 3200 took less than 1.35v which would be the standard voltage for that speed and completely safe. The 1.2v rating is for 2133. Does DOCP not set 1.35v?

Yes DOCP set the voltage to 1.35 still can't set the ram frequency to 3200 MHz, every time i set the frequency to 3200 the system doesn't boot...now it's stuck with 3000 or 2933 or 2800..that work's just fine...currently running on 3000 MHz on 1.29 volt...i have shrink it down from 1.35 to 1.29 because i can't get it to 3200...now what should i do ??? do i have to configure the ram voltage again ???

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Have you tried adjusting SA voltage? What does XMP set for that? You can also go into digi+ section and try setting a bit higher Boot Voltage for the RAM...allow a bit more current capability...