Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 73
  1. #61
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array will_s PC Specs
    will_s PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus Hero X
    ProcessorIntel i7 8700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C16-8GTZNC Trident Z
    Graphics Card #1Aorus 1080ti
    Sound Cardexternal Turtle Beach
    MonitorPredator 34"
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 1TB m.2 (PCIE)
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i Pro
    CaseCorsair Carbide Air 740 ATX Cube
    Keyboard Logitech G105
    Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming
    Headset Turtle Beach Elite Pro
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterAsus
    Accessory #1 Fanatech CSW2
    Accessory #2 Fanatech V3's

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    174

    Couple of questions, slow bootup with HeroX ( cheaper Asrock z370 does it in half the time ) so does this do anything ?

    Problems that USB .....sometimes the devices dont load correctly at boot eg steering wheel and my Corsair Mouse ( just pull it out and plug it in again and it works ) . Does this do anything for this ?

    But otherwise everything works

  2. #62
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Snakeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Reputation
    42
    Posts
    276

    Quote Originally Posted by will_s View Post
    Couple of questions, slow bootup with HeroX ( cheaper Asrock z370 does it in half the time ) so does this do anything ?

    Problems that USB .....sometimes the devices dont load correctly at boot eg steering wheel and my Corsair Mouse ( just pull it out and plug it in again and it works ) . Does this do anything for this ?

    But otherwise everything works
    Your USB problems might be causing some of the delay in startup. Worth checking it out with alternative mouse and no steering wheel
    NAME THE SANDWICH: – White Bread, Lots of Baloney, Russian dressing and served with a small pickle.?


    Intel Core i7 8700K @5.1 Stable Delidded
    Asus Maximus X Code

    16 GB
    G skill TridentZ DDR4 ​4266 (PC4 34100)
    Corsair HX1000i digital
    EVGA 1070 GTX TiSuperclocked+
    Samsung NVMe SSD 960 pro M. 2
    Samsung 860 Pro
    Watercooled with EK block radiator fans etc.


  3. #63
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by runningdodo View Post
    That´s my question too.

    The only mainboard , witch gets the 1503 BIOS via HP, ist as far as I can see the Hero.

    I think, I´m better a bit too careful with non-official BIOSes, so I hesitate updating with the 1503 files linked in the second post.


    ähm, the d/l is original Asus, a lil bit tricky to find. I give it a try, cause its still there, otherwise it wouldnt. Maybe the internal approval process hangs through
    and the responsible is in vacation

  4. #64
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array will_s PC Specs
    will_s PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus Hero X
    ProcessorIntel i7 8700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C16-8GTZNC Trident Z
    Graphics Card #1Aorus 1080ti
    Sound Cardexternal Turtle Beach
    MonitorPredator 34"
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 1TB m.2 (PCIE)
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i Pro
    CaseCorsair Carbide Air 740 ATX Cube
    Keyboard Logitech G105
    Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming
    Headset Turtle Beach Elite Pro
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterAsus
    Accessory #1 Fanatech CSW2
    Accessory #2 Fanatech V3's

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    174

    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeyes View Post
    Your USB problems might be causing some of the delay in startup. Worth checking it out with alternative mouse and no steering wheel
    have had all USB devices except mouse and keyboard not connected and also tried different mouse and keyboard from the PC that boots in half the time......anyway all this has been done in a previous thread so just hoping maybe a newer BIOS may speed up boot times and recognition of some USB devices. But really no big deal just a little bit irksome how a half the price motherboard performs better on bootup

  5. #65
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Snakeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Reputation
    42
    Posts
    276

    Quote Originally Posted by will_s View Post
    have had all USB devices except mouse and keyboard not connected and also tried different mouse and keyboard from the PC that boots in half the time......anyway all this has been done in a previous thread so just hoping maybe a newer BIOS may speed up boot times and recognition of some USB devices. But really no big deal just a little bit irksome how a half the price motherboard performs better on bootup


    I doubt if the new bios make a noticeable difference in both times. It might on the USB side. Best of luck
    NAME THE SANDWICH: – White Bread, Lots of Baloney, Russian dressing and served with a small pickle.?


    Intel Core i7 8700K @5.1 Stable Delidded
    Asus Maximus X Code

    16 GB
    G skill TridentZ DDR4 ​4266 (PC4 34100)
    Corsair HX1000i digital
    EVGA 1070 GTX TiSuperclocked+
    Samsung NVMe SSD 960 pro M. 2
    Samsung 860 Pro
    Watercooled with EK block radiator fans etc.


  6. #66
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array will_s PC Specs
    will_s PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus Hero X
    ProcessorIntel i7 8700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C16-8GTZNC Trident Z
    Graphics Card #1Aorus 1080ti
    Sound Cardexternal Turtle Beach
    MonitorPredator 34"
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 1TB m.2 (PCIE)
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i Pro
    CaseCorsair Carbide Air 740 ATX Cube
    Keyboard Logitech G105
    Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming
    Headset Turtle Beach Elite Pro
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterAsus
    Accessory #1 Fanatech CSW2
    Accessory #2 Fanatech V3's

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    174

    oh well..........not sure either as I think Windows could be the culprit for USB problems

    anyway...just did the 1503 flash a few minutes ago and was a bit worried at first as it seemed to take a long time to get going again

  7. #67
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    There are new one than this Intel ME V11.7.0.1045 should i run with bios update ?

  8. #68
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeyes View Post
    Connect USB key and go into bios.Type F2 and Ctrl +F2 to save your profiles on a FAT 32 formatted USB. This option is available in bios on bottom of the same screen...


    One of the 2 aforementioned keys will create a text file with all your settings. Presently I can't remember which one. The other creates a CMOS backup which obviously you cannot use with the new bios.
    Thanks

  9. #69
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array XYchromosone PC Specs
    XYchromosone PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximux XI Extreme [BIOS 1401]
    Processori9 9900KS
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB CL17 3600MHz 32GB [4x8]
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix Gaming GTX 1080Ti 11GB
    MonitorAOC AGON AG271QG 27" 144Hz [165Hz OC]
    Storage #12 X Samsung 970 Pro NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD [DIMM.2_1+ DIMM.2_2]
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500GB SATA 3
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe Riing 360 Premium AIO
    CaseFractal Design Define R6 Black
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard RAZER Blackwidow X Tournament Chroma
    Mouse RAZER Lancehead [ambidextrous] Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser RS165 Wireless
    Headset/Speakers Sennheiser CX 100 inner ear headphones
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 + Ubuntu Studio 20.04
    Network RouterASUS DSL-AC68U on ADSL2+, Technicolor DJA0230TLS Gateway, Netgear NBN Adapter
    XYchromosone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Reputation
    30
    Posts
    279

    1503 not available on official ASUS Maximus X Hero anymore

    I downloaded 1503 a few days ago from ASUS official web page for my Maximus X HERO I flashed the BIOS with fat32 formated USB2 stick using Flashback method. 1503 seems to run less stable than the previous 1101, 1301 and 1401. I have to use higher vcore voltage of 1.365 to OC to 48x with BIOS 1401 and 1503. Previous OC with vcore of 1.32 @ 50 [5GHz] ran stable and cool using 1101 and 1301.

    However I just checked ASUS website for my mobo and BIOS 1503 is not there anymore, but a new version 1602 is there. So, there's 1401 to 1602 instead of 1401, 1503 and 1602 respectively.

    Am I correct in thinking that 1503 was pulled out because of issues? It was released only a few days after 1401 now that I think back.

    Going into "Downloads" settings in Chrome browser to copy-paste the link from where I originally downloaded 1503, to show you guys that this is the link I used to successfully download 1503 now gives an error message:
    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...415.1530723950

    Can anyone from ASUS confirm this or please explain?

    I have just downloaded 1602 to see if it's at least as stable as 1401 and including being as stable as previous versions were.

  10. #70
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by XYchromosone View Post
    I downloaded 1503 a few days ago from ASUS official web page for my Maximus X HERO I flashed the BIOS with fat32 formated USB2 stick using Flashback method. 1503 seems to run less stable than the previous 1101, 1301 and 1401. I have to use higher vcore voltage of 1.365 to OC to 48x with BIOS 1401 and 1503. Previous OC with vcore of 1.32 @ 50 [5GHz] ran stable and cool using 1101 and 1301.

    However I just checked ASUS website for my mobo and BIOS 1503 is not there anymore, but a new version 1602 is there. So, there's 1401 to 1602 instead of 1401, 1503 and 1602 respectively.

    Am I correct in thinking that 1503 was pulled out because of issues? It was released only a few days after 1401 now that I think back.

    Going into "Downloads" settings in Chrome browser to copy-paste the link from where I originally downloaded 1503, to show you guys that this is the link I used to successfully download 1503 now gives an error message:
    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...415.1530723950

    Can anyone from ASUS confirm this or please explain?

    I have just downloaded 1602 to see if it's at least as stable as 1401 and including being as stable as previous versions were.
    Oddly enough my pc was perpetually stable through all bios versions and while it could be coincidental (working on that) as of 1602 I’m getting random blue screens which result in corruption and an image restore eventually.*

    No clue if something changed requiring more voltage somewhere or what but I just came looking for 1503 since it was pulled. Sigh***

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •