cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LAN Gbps connection GT5300 Rapture

Freezera
Level 7
Dear members,

I recently bought a GT5300 Rapture router because i wanted all the features i needed in one device, and especially the amount of Gbps LAN ports.

But i have a serious problem regarding the LAN ports, i can't set up a 1Gbps connection with my router.
The maximum speed i can connect with is 100Mbit / Half Duplex.
This is very strange because i don't have this problem when connecting to my Gbps LAN switch (Netgear S8000), using the same cable and system setup.

Anyway these are all the things I've done / tried.

- Visually checking all the LAN ports of the asus router
- Measured out my cable connection with a RJ45 LAN tester (all pin connections where live)
- Restored factory settings
- Downgraded firmware from 3.0.0.4.384.21045 => 3.0.0.4.384_20287
- Updated my driver LAN Gbps motherbord driver & BIOS

None of the above delivered any result, on my S8000 everything works fine but when switching to the router LAN port i can't connect with 1Gbps speed, only 100mbit/half duplex.

System setup
- Windows 10 Pro x64 Spring Update Eng Version
- Asus X99 Rampage V Motherbord
- Asus 1080Ti strix GPU
- i7 5840 CPU (4.2Ghz)
- 16GB 3200Mhz G.skill RAM
- 512GB Samsung 960 Pro SSD

LAN setup
- CAT5e wall mounts
- CAT6 Cable
- Asus Router Rapture GT5300
- IPS WAN router connected with CAT5e cable to asus router WAN port.

Anyway i hope you guy's can help me, any settings i need to change in the router setup?, or anything because i'm getting ready to send this thing back!

Regards and thx in advance
Freezera
4 REPLIES 4

JustinThyme
Level 13
Is QOS enabled?
I have yet to see any router where this worked well inccluding $500K Enterprise Cisco routers. If its enabled turn it off.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Is QOS enabled?
I have yet to see any router where this worked well inccluding $500K Enterprise Cisco routers. If its enabled turn it off.

QoS is off, isn't on by factory default either.

Freezera wrote:
QoS is off, isn't on by factory default either.

Do you have JUMBO frames enabled on your router? If so,any device that is connected to router needs to be JUMBO frames compliant devices,otherwise you will have some LAN problems. Also check Link aggregation if it is enabled and you have some device on those LAN ports... Try disabling it...

JustinThyme wrote:
Is QOS enabled?

I don't see the problem with QOS regarding LAN speed!? What have you thought specifically when said to turn off QOS? I am using Adaptive QOS and Game mode enabled and have my EUROCOM X6W on LAN 1 and PS4 Pro on LAN 2. No problems at all... Full 1Gbs per port. And I have switch on LAN 3 with 3 devices connected to switch, all working perfectly as it should. Although I had some problems with switch and older version of firmware but after latest every think work great.