cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[request?] Crosshair VII Hero Bug Report submission form

nfsuw
Level 7
@elmor, raja@asus

is it possible to have a bug report form setup for C7H bios's, like the one set up for C6H? it is almost like pulling teeth trying to submit a bug via regular asus support. they keep trying to tell me the issue i found is either "you are configuring it wrong" or "that's not a bug, its a feature" no matter the troubleshooting and evidence i provide them with. it is even more infuriating when they start off by re-stating the 'issue' you are reporting completely incorrectly, and when you say "no, that isn't the issue i'm having" they seem baffled by that you are saying. (this is based on the 5 different support staff that i had to interact with, giving me 5 different version of their interpretation as to what my issue is, and their constant insistence to create new case numbers).

hopefully it would be possible to have such a form, as the bios is still young for the C7H, it would sad to see little bugs that are easily fixed if found early get buried and harder to fix later of in the bios's life.

-nfsuw
4 REPLIES 4

brkkab123
Level 7
From what I heard yesterday through a reliable review is that ASUS has a Performance UEFI for the Crosshair VII Hero.
Where's it at on the mobo's download page ASUS ?
The Performance UEFI is also a 4 digit number and always start's with 8.
I found out in the video to pretty much just change the ram settings in it and leave everything else the way it is. It auto overclocks the cpu as needed.
You can still tinker with various UEFI settings in it, but most people won't need to, unless they're into extreme overclocking.

brkkab123
Level 7
You're spot on on your suggestion, too.
They also need a page for their ASUS software complaints/bugs/feature requests for the mobo. AISuite III, Aura, etc.

brkkab123
Level 7
I already have the AMD 2700X cpu.
Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi) and G-Skill Flare X or Sniper X are still needed to be purchased.
All them will take until November due my finances due to a medical disability.
I'm just upgrading my Skylake pc and then putting the Skylake cpu, mobo and ram in my old 990FX pc.

michaelemcken
Level 7
Great suggetion, i could really use such a place, as talking with ASUS technical support is about to literally kill me.
I have given up on the CH7 as there are just way too many problems, even running with default settings and QVL accepted RAM and SSD.