MotherboardASUS x299 Prime Deluxe
    Processori9-7900X
    Memory (part number)32GB GSKIL CL14
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080Ti
    Storage #1NVME Samsung
    CPU CoolerNH-D15
    OS Windows 10 Pro, Debian

More updates, was just testing whatever crazy idea comes to mind and:

- unplugging SATA cables from motherboard, while power cables connected to drives
    - unplugging power cables to drives, while SATA cables connected

Same issue.

Seams like there is no other way but to order new motherboard and test that out.

ROG Enthusiast Array Lu_GRU PC Specs
    Lu_GRU PC Specs
    Processori9-7900X
    Storage #1NVME Samsung
    CPU CoolerNH-D15

So I got finally some time and get my hands on another x299 Prime Deluxe motherboard.
    So swapped CPU / PSU / GPU / RAM / SSD to new mobo and tested to find out that it behaves in same way...

At this point only component that was not replaced is RAM but it's QVL part recommended by Asus (and G-Skill list Prime as compatible mobo also).

After OC a little bit CPU responsiveness do pick up a little bit so there is that.
    Linux (Debian) is completely unaffected by all of this and works solid and fast, maybe it's time to ditch Windows for good.

For now I will give up on this as I don't have time .

Lu_GRU PC Specs
    Processori9-7900X
    Storage #1NVME Samsung
    CPU CoolerNH-D15

Update:
    Looked initially at memory, did a little bit of OC on tRFC to 350, and then testing.
    memtest86 left overnight - 0 errors.

At this point It's more likely that this is OS / driver issue then hardware one.
    TODO: test using latest bios, with is 1503

Lu_GRU PC Specs
    Processori9-7900X
    Storage #1NVME Samsung
    CPU CoolerNH-D15

Updated BIOS to 1503 and while I was at it did ME update to latest one.

I was afraid that BIOS update will wipe my GRUB (again), but fortunately it was fixed (as mentioned in nfo) and now I can reset BIOS without need to reinstall GRUB, nice 13 mo. after introducing product and it's fixed ... no comment.

As for the issues with Windows, they are still there.
    OC CPU 4*4.5GHz + 6*4.0GHz + mesh to 3.0GHz give me responsiveness boost, but still it's not something that I would like to do. (as You can see CPU OC is mild due to "professional" job that deliding service did, It was done twice and still on 10*4,5GHz CPU hits tjmax, when and if I will have some free time will redo it).

I also noticed strange issue, well at this point it's "normal" issue, with Windows - keeping CPU at stock CB ST results in mark at around 183-186, then do OC and results drops to 175-185, MT increase as expected. HWInfo was run in background in both cases to monitor boost and on stock I didn't seen 4.5GHz boost and performance was better then after OC, although after OC load was, from time to time, run on these 4 cores @ 4.5GHz. So Windows don't implement load frequency detection mechanism to offload / place task with high load on these higher clocked cores or at least don't implement it well. I run Assassins Creed Origins benchmark just to check that ST anomaly and after OC fps was higher by 2/4 so there is that (and yes I know, it's not best benchmark).

Compilation test and still mouse hangs from time to time for a second or two on Windows.
    Linux silky smooth ride.

At this point practically everything was replaced, including motherboard and it still happens.

If You have X299 Prime Deluxe motherboard and want to help please run test and post Your findings because it seams like more PrimeDeluxe motherboards is affected by this issue.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ThrashZone PC Specs
    ThrashZone PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS x99 sabertooth & x299 Rampage VI Apex
    Processori7-5930k & i9-9940x
    Memory (part number)Trident-Z 3200C14 & Trident-Z 3600C16 both Samsung B-Dies
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 1080ti FTW3 water block & Titan Xp copper water block
    MonitorAOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz & ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz
    Storage #12-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb M.2 & 2.5" ssd's 850 pro's for os 850 evo for games
    Storage #22-LG Blu-Ray WH16NS40
    CPU Coolerx99 2-240GTX with Heatkiller-4-Pro/ vrm water block Both&x299 2-280GTX 2-D5's before and after rads
    Case2- Corsair 450D with second floors for 240GTX & 280GTX rads enclosed and filtered on top
    Power SupplyEVGA 1000P2 & EVGA 1200P2
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum & Logitech G710+
    Mouse 2-Red dragon Perdition
    OS Win-7 & win-10 pro on both systems Win-7 everyday os
    Accessory #1 Heatkiller IV Pro plexi/ Copper base on both systems
    Accessory #2 Mayhems Biocide and Inhibitor with distilled water
    Accessory #3 Mayhems 3/8-5/8" clear soft tubing

Hi,
    Not having any issues with stalling here's my 0802 bios on the same x299 prime board at 4.0
    Doubt I'll be using the newer bios if it's not broken don't fix it spectre stuff is being patched by the os now so no need for the newer microcode from asus.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yours and my 7900 4.0.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	75859

Lu_GRU PC Specs
    Processori9-7900X
    Storage #1NVME Samsung
    CPU CoolerNH-D15

@ThrashZone
    Thank You for reply, seams like CPU-Z issue was on either OS or CPU app itself level.
    And yes I do agree that if it's not broken don't fix it, although in my case it appears it's broken that's why update. As for Spectre issues, IIRC micro code CPU update is required for them to kick in, at least some variants of it.

Did some more testing and:

Cinebench ST issue:

It appears that I uninstalled / or forgot to install / Intel Turbo Boost Technology 3.0. There was unknown device in Device Manager so enabled Windows Update and make it to download missing drivers. IIRC after installing initially Windows it was installed so it could be that I uninstalled it at some point.
    Results are positive, now CB ST score increased from 182-185 to 200-201 on OC CPU (below is my OC setup). So it seams like this properly places load on most performant core. NOTE: due to "professional" job of delider (and lack of free time due to job) only 4 cores can hit 4.5GHz without tripping tjmax, it so happens that one core 5, on my unit, is one that is "performant" core (there are 2 performant, forgot professional name for these cores, per x299 CPU) so load is placed there most of the time, 3 4.5GHz cores are less utilized.
    It doesn't really change anything with Windows issue. Gain is practically noticeable only in benchmarks, aka. useless.

Windows power plan.
    As I mentioned earlier in this thread, when switching power plan to "high performance" responsiveness is better. Usually when I install OS I let Windows Update to update drivers and all devices drivers are downloaded (including that Intel Turbo Boost 3.0) while updating BIOS I checked also other software available to download from ASUS product page and I did noticed this:

Dual Intelligent Processors 5
    Fix compatibility issue with the latest Windows updates. Dual Intelligent Processors 5 update v1.05.14 patches an issue that resulted in the Windows power plan being forced to “balanced". Note that this patched build only includes the DIP5 utility, it does not include other utilities in AI Suite 3.
    After installing it and switching to stock responsiveness on Windows is kept, more or less, same as when OCing.
    On Windows power plan switches to "high performance" but it allow CPU cores to clock back to it's minimum states (normal high performance plan keep's maximum CPU clocks all the time).

Does it resolve issue? It do help a loot actually but it don't resolve issue. My old i7 4770 is still faster then i9-7900X when it comes to opening "new window".

At this point I give up, uninstalled that DIP5 and OC'ed CPU. End result is more or less same and I don't need to worry about forgetting about this when installing Windows in feature.

I hope that AMD delivers with their Zen2 and I can ditch that POS.
    In all fairness issue is on M$ side, as Linux works smooth, so yeah Windows 10 Professional... only "professional" part about this product is it's price and severity of issues that it contains.

OC Setup: Mesh 3.0, CPU 4*4.5GHz + 6*4.0GHz, RAM trfc 350, AVX 3.6GHz.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ThrashZone PC Specs
    ThrashZone PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS x99 sabertooth & x299 Rampage VI Apex
    Processori7-5930k & i9-9940x
    Memory (part number)Trident-Z 3200C14 & Trident-Z 3600C16 both Samsung B-Dies
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 1080ti FTW3 water block & Titan Xp copper water block
    MonitorAOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz & ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz
    Storage #12-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb M.2 & 2.5" ssd's 850 pro's for os 850 evo for games
    Storage #22-LG Blu-Ray WH16NS40
    CPU Coolerx99 2-240GTX with Heatkiller-4-Pro/ vrm water block Both&x299 2-280GTX 2-D5's before and after rads
    Case2- Corsair 450D with second floors for 240GTX & 280GTX rads enclosed and filtered on top
    Power SupplyEVGA 1000P2 & EVGA 1200P2
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum & Logitech G710+
    Mouse 2-Red dragon Perdition
    OS Win-7 & win-10 pro on both systems Win-7 everyday os
    Accessory #1 Heatkiller IV Pro plexi/ Copper base on both systems
    Accessory #2 Mayhems Biocide and Inhibitor with distilled water
    Accessory #3 Mayhems 3/8-5/8" clear soft tubing

Hi,
    I always right click and exit from TB-3 it's useless only for default clocks and who does that
    I personally use By core usage instead of all core or by core overclocking just more straight forward and most benchmarks/ games don't mind it either
    All cores will eventually hit whatever multiplier used.
    But that screen shot was from win-7 pro not 10 on a very low clock I use when really oc'ing my other x99 rig/ can't do high oc's on both at the same time sort of thing

You could try if you haven't already an inplace upgrade or repair install.
    1809 should be around next month too might be a good time for it.

A little more on by core usage
    It will show 8 of my 10 cores
    I set the top 5 to say 48 and the bottom 4 to 43
    The difference is the turbo/ boom and done after setting a stable voltage.
    Last edited by ThrashZone; 09-22-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Lu_GRU PC Specs
    Processori9-7900X
    Storage #1NVME Samsung
    CPU CoolerNH-D15

TB3 behavior is at best strange, when disabling in TaskSchedule TB3 Control UI it will launch on start-up, service will show it either way (or add another entry at reboot / shutdown). I just renamed that exe (never used it and don't plan to) and no need to bother with useless app.

As for OC the problem, in my case, is that I have 4 specific cores that are "correctly" delided and 6 that will hit tjmax on even slight OC.
    I use BySpecificCore and set i.e. core 1,5,6,10 to 45 and rest to 40. Don't want to go to deep with OC, but probably custom IHS is bent / there was to much glue after attaching it / not tighten enough causing gap / IHS has uneven surface or, and that's most likely, CPU core has uneven surface causing gap and issue with thermal transfer.

Reinstall on clean drive was one of first things that I did checked, using multiple Windows versions / using 3 different SSD, one NVME, same result.

Bottom line is that now I know why this happens, so that's plus.
    What I don't understand is that no one from ASUS tech support mention this to me... and I did contacted them twice.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Vlada011 PC Specs
    Vlada011 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V E10 (BIOS 1903)
    ProcessorIntel®i7-5820K (4.5GHz 1.325V)
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M4A2666C15
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon
    Sound CardSound Blaster ZxR
    MonitorSamsung P2450H
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB/WD Black 2TB
    CPU CoolerEK RGB Monoblock RVE10
    CaseLian Li PC-O11 WXC
    Power SupplyEVGA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Deck 87 Francium PRO - MX Brown DS PBT
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Mouse Pad Steeseries QCK
    Headset/Speakers CREATIVE T5900 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903
    Accessory #1 iPhone SE Space Grey
    Accessory #2 EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass PWM + CoolstreamPE 360
    Accessory #3 Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3 (radiator)

This system must be tested from scratc, uninstall completely, resit CPU, new Windows without any OC software.
    Testing CPU on other motherboard with other memory is first thing. On default setting with 8GB of memory on default 2666MHz he will be killer if processor is normal and he will open everything easy.
    People in service who know what to do will easy to discover if he not behave normal.
    If he work next step is test with your memory, all default settings.

Lu_GRU PC Specs
    Processori9-7900X
    Storage #1NVME Samsung
    CPU CoolerNH-D15

Quote Originally Posted by Vlada011 View Post
    This system must be tested from scratc, uninstall completely, resit CPU, new Windows without any OC software.
    Testing CPU on other motherboard with other memory is first thing. On default setting with 8GB of memory on default 2666MHz he will be killer if processor is normal and he will open everything easy.
    People in service who know what to do will easy to discover if he not behave normal.
    If he work next step is test with your memory, all default settings.

I did changed:
    - CPU (2 different units, same SKU)
    - RAM (1 stick)
    - GPU (1080Ti / 970)
    - fresh windows (Windows 10, different versions)
    - OS installed on different SSD's (to reduce possibility of faulty NVME / SSD, in total 3 drives)
    - and killer, another x299 Prime Deluxe motherboard, one RAM stick
    - CPU not OC in all this tests

Only RAM was physically not changed, but I mean what's are the odds of all 4 banks to be faulty?

Outcome is, exactly same behaviour on no meter what I do.
    Then I seen on ASUS page this:

Dual Intelligent Processors 5
    Fix compatibility issue with the latest Windows updates. Dual Intelligent Processors 5 update v1.05.14 patches an issue that resulted in the Windows power plan being forced to “balanced". Note that this patched build only includes the DIP5 utility, it does not include other utilities in AI Suite 3.
    - AI Suite 3 v3.00.13
    - Dual Intelligent Processors 5 v1.05.14
    This is description fall into my findings, that switching to Performance mode helps in Balanced don't work without OC.

Granted memory was not replaced so it may be faulty, but still I did tested 1 or 2 random modules with random slots (different one) ans same result, then run memtest86 no issues, did my own "stress testing" by running compilation of my test program (single compilation 1.5-3mins) in a loop, no issues.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast